shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Memoire Eternity Band (shared prong)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bg79

Rough_Rock
So, my DH and I are buying a memoire shared prong eternity band. I am so excited, as we''ve been waiting to do this for a few years (replacing a plain band). On Saturday, we went to select the one we want. We ended up really liking the one that was 2ct (total weight), in the stock size (maybe 6?). We got a great price for my ring size, 4, and was told that the total carat weight would be about 1.75. My first question is, what size stones are these???

I ask because we got such a good price that it got me thinking about going to the next size up. I went to look at it in the store and the next size up (between 2.5-2.75 total carat weight) and it was not a huge difference, but obviously more diamond and that felt good. I''m thinking if we can do it, we may as well since we all know diamonds shrink over time!

I''m confused because when the store owner called me today to talk price, he said that I was originally looking at a ring with 14 point stones (the one that would have been 1.75tcw in a size 4), and I thought they would be more like 10 pointers. Is this right??? He said the next size up (in diamonds) would bring me to 20 pointers, a total carat weight of about 2.5-2.75. Does this make sense? I thought it would be more like going from 10 pointers to 15 pointers, and I''m worried that 20 will be too big.

For reference, my e-ring is a 6 prong solitaire (round) 2.10 ct.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi and welcome.

I''ll see if I can help.
1) 1.75 total weight on a size 4 is approx. .10''s.

2) 2.7 total weight would be about .16''s..

I agree going to .20''s would be too big. Do also keep in mind that as the stones get larger the eternity band not only gets wider but will also sit a bit higher.

sna77''s wife has a 2.37 carat round with a 2.86 ctw eternity band and wears a 3.5. this thread has pics for you to see to give you an idea of how the set will look on you.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/tiffany-co-2-86-tcw-shared-prong-eternity-band-t83307.html

bg79

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

That makes more sense to me. I think 14-16 points would look good, but 20 would be too much. I''m going again tomorrow to see them in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results