shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with making bezel solitaire pendant

LibraryLady79

Rough_Rock
I have decided on my first real diamond purchase after becoming a PS member, but I'm having trouble. I want to purchase an OEC and have it set in a stationary solitaire bezel pendant setting. I really like oldworlddiamonds.com for the stone. After viewing many posts here and visiting vendors I have decided I like the stock bezel setting from Blue Nile. I don't want to spend the extra money to have a custom made setting and others I have seen have a very thick back. The Barbara from BGD is nice but I don't like the exposure of the diamond in the back. Ok so the issue is Blue Nile has told me they only set stones from their inventory. I don't have a local jewler and was thinking I could make the purchases and have the setting done online. Does anyone know of a similar setting that I can purchase and have the stone set by a well? Or should I find a local jewler? I'm in Tampa and I have come to feel online prices are more reasonable.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Since you like Old World Diamonds for the stone, why don't you ask Adam if his bench can make you bezel pendant for the stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Local jewelers can certainly source the stock bezel setting like BN would carry and set your stone if OWD does not. Just choose a fine quality jeweler because they are more likely to have picky clients and a good bench!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Sparkly OEC has a great idea - ask if they can create one for you.

For me, the Barbara by BGD has the best of both worlds- it is bezelled, but it is also open in the back and sides so lots of light can hit the diamond and the 3 wires prevent the stone from 'picking/poking' at your neck. That was the setting I went for when I purchased another PSer's OEC.

Have you checked out the thread on solitaire necklaces? [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-pendant-neck-shots-please.23403/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-pendant-neck-shots-please.23403/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results