shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with lab diamond earring studs

BarbieJ23

Rough_Rock
Good evening everyone,

I am very interested in finding a pair of approximately 2.0-2.2 ctw round lab grown studs for every day wear. I admittedly have little to no experience in what makes a "good diamond" but do know I love sparkle and fire! I'm open to colors and would prefer an eye clean stone, so maybe a bit higher clarity? A friend mentioned this forum and suggested it as a place that I might find help in finding a pair of studs for me! Would prefer to keep budget less than $2500 if possible, but am open to higher if there is a particularly nice pair of stones.

I've read a bit throughout the forum, so would love to hear from any thoughts @DejaWiz @Kim N or anyone else who would love to chime in to help me in my search!

Many thanks to everyone in advance, appreciate you all taking the time to help =)2

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, BarbieJ23!

Quick question: does the $2500 budget include the stud settings or just the loose diamonds?

BarbieJ23

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, BarbieJ23!

Quick question: does the $2500 budget include the stud settings or just the loose diamonds?

Hi @DejaWiz!

Great question, sorry I didn't specify. I'd like that price to include the setting too if possible. Thanks!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi @DejaWiz!

Great question, sorry I didn't specify. I'd like that price to include the setting too if possible. Thanks!

Metal and color, just so I can ballpark that part of the budget?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
14k white gold =)2

I'm getting ready to post two D color diamonds with H&A designation on their reports...are you ready to pounce?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
...and make sure you are logged in to your Ritani account. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

BarbieJ23

Rough_Rock
Hope you like these!

Thank you for finding and posting these...the sparkle factor is just wow!! While these are exceptionally beautiful, I fear that they're a bit bigger than I'd like for daily wear, I have somewhat small earlobes and don't want these to look....too big if you will. I think I'd like to keep size around 1.0-1.1 carat per ear (total of 2.2 ctw max) if possible.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about one of these pairs?

(the next stone is a bit tilted, so I would want to see an ASET image to be safe)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think you should strongly reconsider those two H&A diamonds...there is about a 12% difference in total surface area between 1.10 and 1.34

Screenshot_20230202-212813-992.png

Screenshot_20230202-212849-181.png

If you want to stick with 2-2.2 ctw, then here are some more to consider a long with the great options that Kim N provided.

BarbieJ23

Rough_Rock
I think you should strongly reconsider those two H&A diamonds...there is about a 12% difference in total surface area between 1.10 and 1.34

Screenshot_20230202-212813-992.png

Screenshot_20230202-212849-181.png

If you want to stick with 2-2.2 ctw, then here are some more to consider a long with the great options that Kim N provided.

Consider it reconsidered. Having the side by side of the size greatly helped see what you were saying where the difference just isn’t as much as I expected in my mind. I just purchased the original pair you suggested! Thank you for all your help, I can’t wait to see them in person!!

Thank you @Kim N for posting those beautiful earrings as well. This is a wonderful community, appreciate everyone’s help!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Consider it reconsidered. Having the side by side of the size greatly helped see what you were saying where the difference just isn’t as much as I expected in my mind. I just purchased the original pair you suggested! Thank you for all your help, I can’t wait to see them in person!!

Thank you @Kim N for posting those beautiful earrings as well. This is a wonderful community, appreciate everyone’s help!

Fantastic choice!
We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing tons of pictures and videos!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful! I hope you come back with pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results