shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with jeweler selection, for setting engagement ring

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Hope that everyone is doing well!

This is my first post on pricescope, but I've been reading a bunch of helpful posts and learned a lot. I now have a whiteflash ACA round diamond and really happy with the diamond. The next step would be to set it in an engagement ring. I love the halo style and being in SoCal, the VC Emilya was my first choice.

However, when I tried to get a quote on their website, the answer I got was that they are only focusing on in-house diamonds at the moment.

Obviously I'm disappointed, so I look to pricescope members for ideas. Any input is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd suggest Maytal Hannah who is also in the LA area, I believe. Maytal does a lot of pave handforged rings.

David Klass and Caysie van Bebber are also in CA and have benches that do fine pave work. They most often use CADs and cast the settings, but you could ask if handforging is desired.

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
I'd suggest Maytal Hannah who is also in the LA area, I believe. Maytal does a lot of pave handforged rings.

David Klass and Caysie van Bebber are also in CA and have benches that do fine pave work. They most often use CADs and cast the settings, but you could ask if handforging is desired.

Thank you so much!! :D I checked out Maytal's website and her design photos are beautiful. I'm really hopeful now.:dance:

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
It is a bummer that VC seems to not be setting outside stones because his work is amazing! You could get a stone from him (I did and it is fantastic) and return WF, but I think you already have a stone that you love. Keep us posted on what you decide for your setting. What stone did you decide on? Any pics? Good luck.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!! :D I checked out Maytal's website and her design photos are beautiful. I'm really hopeful now.:dance:

Maytal actually made my older daughter's wedding band several years ago, and it is beautiful. Local people who have met her in person are very complimentary about working with her, as well. Can't wait to see what you choose!

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
Maytal actually made my older daughter's wedding band several years ago, and it is beautiful. Local people who have met her in person are very complimentary about working with her, as well. Can't wait to see what you choose!

Thanks! I already emailed her and hope for a good result. Of course I'll also consider other jewelers in the area! Ever since I got a ring from bluenile and wasn't too thrilled with the design and build, I've been really leaning towards excellent hand-crafted rings.

Last edited:

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
It is a bummer that VC seems to not be setting outside stones because his work is amazing! You could get a stone from him (I did and it is fantastic) and return WF, but I think you already have a stone that you love. Keep us posted on what you decide for your setting. What stone did you decide on? Any pics? Good luck.

It's a bummer to me too. I actually contacted them during my diamond search and was rather aggressively marketed their diamond. I didn't see one I liked on their website, so I went for WF, and ended up with a diamond I liked. I never realized that now the purchase was finalized, their rejection of doing outside diamonds was pretty instant.
Here's the photo, by WF.

final choice 2.png

I used my iphone xr to take the hearts and arrows photos, I did my best but they're blurry because they're soo zoomed in:roll: still love them though!

hearts:
tempImageSFyHWI.jpg

arrows
tempImagelbOMEZ.png

Hope that I can find a great setting for this diamond! Fingers crossed!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
It's a bummer to me too. I actually contacted them during my diamond search and was rather aggressively marketed their diamond. I didn't see one I liked on their website, so I went for WF, and ended up with a diamond I liked. I never realized that now the purchase was finalized, their rejection of doing outside diamonds was pretty instant.
Here's the photo, by WF.

final choice 2.png

I used my iphone xr to take the hearts and arrows photos, I did my best but they're blurry because they're soo zoomed in:roll: still love them though!

hearts:
tempImageSFyHWI.jpg

arrows
tempImagelbOMEZ.png

What a lovely diamond! Victor does have one person working with him that can be very aggressive and off putting. Many months ago, I emailed VC about a diamond pendant necklace and I was given an aggressive response that made me feel unimportant and irrelevant. Then, just a little while ago, I was shopping around for a diamond for my upgrade engagement ring and did not find one on WF and bought and returned one from HPD. In my search, I discovered that VC had a diamond that I was really interested in. I went to his shop (a bit hesitant— but, hey, a girl needs a good diamond) and then I met Victor and fell in love! Victor is the exact opposite of the staff person you spoke to. He is super caring, funny, patient and kind. Victor would never aggressively sell you anything. Victor spent hours with me discussing 4 different diamonds and helping me choose. He went way, way, way out of his way to make sure that I was happy. I ended up buying Victor’s diamond (and wowsa—I spend so much time staring at that stone) and after some consideration and many more hours of speaking to Victor, I chose him to do my setting. I can’t even tell you how impressive his work is. However, I have no doubt that you will find your dream setting! I think you have some great resources to look into.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the photo, by WF.

final choice 2.png

hearts:
tempImageSFyHWI.jpg

arrows
tempImagelbOMEZ.png

Congrats!! All the best with your search. Please come back and post pics of your finished ring.

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
What a lovely diamond! Victor does have one person working with him that can be very aggressive and off putting. Many months ago, I emailed VC about a diamond pendant necklace and I was given an aggressive response that made me feel unimportant and irrelevant. Then, just a little while ago, I was shopping around for a diamond for my upgrade engagement ring and did not find one on WF and bought and returned one from HPD. In my search, I discovered that VC had a diamond that I was really interested in. I went to his shop (a bit hesitant— but, hey, a girl needs a good diamond) and then I met Victor and fell in love! Victor is the exact opposite of the staff person you spoke to. He is super caring, funny, patient and kind. Victor would never aggressively sell you anything. Victor spent hours with me discussing 4 different diamonds and helping me choose. He went way, way, way out of his way to make sure that I was happy. I ended up buying Victor’s diamond (and wowsa—I spend so much time staring at that stone) and after some consideration and many more hours of speaking to Victor, I chose him to do my setting. I can’t even tell you how impressive his work is. However, I have no doubt that you will find your dream setting! I think you have some great resources to look into.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm really glad to hear that it has been so pleasant working with VC for you and you found the diamond you love. I would also love to work with him and admire his craftsmanship, but I feel that it wouldn't be worth forfeiting my current diamond and going at it all over again... I spent weeks search for the diamond until I decided on this one. I feel you about a certain staff member, but it works for them, and we've got plenty of options, so we'll just do whatever that makes us happy! I'd love to see your VC bling if it's posted here!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm really glad to hear that it has been so pleasant working with VC for you and you found the diamond you love. I would also love to work with him and admire his craftsmanship, but I feel that it wouldn't be worth forfeiting my current diamond and going at it all over again... I spent weeks search for the diamond until I decided on this one. I feel you about a certain staff member, but it works for them, and we've got plenty of options, so we'll just do whatever that makes us happy! I'd love to see your VC bling if it's posted here!
Here it is! I completely understand about your diamond. I know that you will find your perfect setting!
34851895-EBE2-4231-A0CF-F7FD502AD9D2.jpeg

Attachments

• 96583F38-66BB-4AE2-9A64-B7163AB8C4E9.jpeg
    96583F38-66BB-4AE2-9A64-B7163AB8C4E9.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 18
  • D304A31D-47EC-45BA-8B7D-62962A763175.jpeg
    D304A31D-47EC-45BA-8B7D-62962A763175.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 20

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
Here it is! I completely understand about your diamond. I know that you will find your perfect setting!

What an eye candy! How do you get any work done? :lol: It's so blingy and elegant, congratulations on such a wonderful upgrade!
From a practical standpoint, do you find that the micropave on the band dig into adjacent fingers? I'm so spoiled by a thin van cleef and arpels wedding band that it almost feels like nothing on my finger, so I'm now very conscious of the comfort factor lol

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Blingtastic! @NicoleNeedsHelp. Hard not to stare at that ring! Loved seeing it in your other post too. Did you decide what band to wear with it?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
What an eye candy! How do you get any work done? :lol: It's so blingy and elegant, congratulations on such a wonderful upgrade!
From a practical standpoint, do you find that the micropave on the band dig into adjacent fingers? I'm so spoiled by a thin van cleef and arpels wedding band that it almost feels like nothing on my finger, so I'm now very conscious of the comfort factor lol

This ring is super comfortable. So far, I’ve had no trouble with the microwave. The band part of the ring (where the pave is) is narrow and I cannot feel it on my other fingers. I’m in love with it.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t decide whether to wear a band or not. I’m not sure what kind of band would go with it.

It’s pretty on its own. You just won’t look like a married lady ;-).

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
This ring is super comfortable. So far, I’ve had no trouble with the microwave. The band part of the ring (where the pave is) is narrow and I cannot feel it on my other fingers. I’m in love with it.

Thanks for the input, really helpful. And I'm sure you can get used to wearing the ring in a snap, it's such a beauty!
Wedding band designs like Tiffany's jazz, harmony may work well with your e-ring, rather than a flush band.

Mavimaui

Rough_Rock
I’m currently working with Maytal and she has been wonderful throughout the process, patient and knowledgeable. I was first considering VC but purchased an outside stone as well, I think you would be in great hands with Maytal. I haven’t gotten my ring yet, but am confident it will be beautifu!

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
I’m currently working with Maytal and she has been wonderful throughout the process, patient and knowledgeable. I was first considering VC but purchased an outside stone as well, I think you would be in great hands with Maytal. I haven’t gotten my ring yet, but am confident it will be beautifu!

Handshake for being on the same boat! She is really nice to talk to based on our email correspondence. I am hopeful about Maytal and I'm sure your ring will turn out great! Please post when you get it:D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results