shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with J blue diamond

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,
What do you think about this one, I have it reserved but the ask is about $12k..
It’s a J which is higher than what I was looking for (wanted to stay G-H, maybe even I). And the certificate says it has a blue nuance to it. But looking at the video it doesn’t look blue or yellow at all looks very white.
my biggest requirement is a diamond with as much fire/brilliance/sparkle as possible, and limited to any light leakage. Would hate for a diamond to look dark or not sparkle. What do you guys think about this one?

think It’ll look blue and I should stay away? Any feedback as to the cut and sparkle?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you ok with it being synthetic? The slight blue nuance can help a lower colour look a bit whiter at times. I would say J colour in that size is likely to look a bit tinted / warm. Cut looks really good with 0.8 HCA and nice arrow pattern. Colour would be my only concern if you are colour sensitive.

Last edited:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't quite understand the "blue". A J colour in a diamond is veering towards yellow, so I'm not sure how the blue is factored in?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't start duplicate threads - it makes it harder for you to keep track and harder for people searching the forum in the future.

I would suggest using this thread in the MMD forum as there are more replies:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't quite understand the "blue". A J colour in a diamond is veering towards yellow, so I'm not sure how the blue is factored in?

It's a Lab Grown stone - they can have pink, brown, grey and blue nuance/undertones :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results