shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with interpreting Ideal Scope Images!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
I''ve just learned that [perhaps] one of the things I thought was true about IS images is untrue -

that being that the black regions (like nice strong arrows) are not equal (or even better) than full red regions. (I had assumed that as the black regions were likely caused by the pupil or the camera lens peering through the hole in the red reflector that these areas would indicate excellent performance and light return when light entered the table)...

This leads me to wonder a bit on how to really rank IS colors... if it''s not that black is equal to red, then, would the following order be appropriate? -

Red
Black
dark pink (assuming only 3 shades of pink)
pink
grey
light pink
white

or am I out of line on this....

thanks for your help.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for asking WL
1.gif

Read this

It was written in 1975 by Beryl who is a very special researcher (like a bulldog) and posts many very informative things here and previously on DT.
We have such a thread running at present Fire and dispersion techy help please?

You (and others who have read some of Rhino's stuff) will benefit from a fuller understanding of what the dark stars are caused by. Once you understand that darkness = no light but contribution to contrast and because of lower light return (yes less, not more) a greater potential for fire, then you can begin to understand why dark is good.

But you ask for a ranking of 1 to 7 for various factors.

It would be better if we examined very specific images and stones.
Preferably ones with Sarin .srn files that we can use as DiamCalc and Gemadviser files.
Happy to discuss any if you'all want to find some good and bad eg's.

I also have the srn files for those princess cuts I posted on the dispersion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results