shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with GIA report - no cut grade

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I have had this diamond for 12 years. But I have recently gone down the reset path. I have always thought my diamond is beautiful. So if it sucks, please just let me live in ignorance. But I noticed that my GIA report doesn't have a cut grade on it. Is that weird? I have always kind of assumed it is excellent because I can see arrows. this is a link to the report

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=12366116&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
unsettled|1427850774|3855316 said:
So I have had this diamond for 12 years. But I have recently gone down the reset path. I have always thought my diamond is beautiful. So if it sucks, please just let me live in ignorance. But I noticed that my GIA report doesn't have a cut grade on it. Is that weird? I have always kind of assumed it is excellent because I can see arrows. this is a link to the report.

I see your report is dated 2003. GIA did not assign cut-grades to diamonds until 2005. So, in summary - not weird at all. :)

More info here:

http://www.diamondcut.gia.edu/04_the_system.html

You will notice this page was last updated in 2008

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Diamond_Hawk|1427854275|3855342 said:
unsettled|1427850774|3855316 said:
So I have had this diamond for 12 years. But I have recently gone down the reset path. I have always thought my diamond is beautiful. So if it sucks, please just let me live in ignorance. But I noticed that my GIA report doesn't have a cut grade on it. Is that weird? I have always kind of assumed it is excellent because I can see arrows. this is a link to the report.

I see your report is dated 2003. GIA did not assign cut-grades to diamonds until 2005. So, in summary - not weird at all. :)

More info here:

http://www.diamondcut.gia.edu/04_the_system.html

You will notice this page was last updated in 2008
Yes. My husband bought it in 2003. I'm glad to know that I don't somehow have an incomplete report. Thank you!

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you really wanted to know the cut grade of the stone, you can send the loose stone back to GIA for regrading. If your existing report has all the necessary measurements, you can plug them into AGA/NAJA Cut Class Tool located in the Tools tab at the top of any page to get an answer also.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
bcavitt|1427983856|3855766 said:
If you really wanted to know the cut grade of the stone, you can send the loose stone back to GIA for regrading. If your existing report has all the necessary measurements, you can plug them into AGA/NAJA Cut Class Tool located in the Tools tab at the top of any page to get an answer also.

My GIA report doesn't have that info. But I have another report that has the info. That report says it is ideal. But I don't know how reliable it is. I don't plan to get rid of it any time soon so I don't think i'd go to the trouble of regradingwith GIA. I was just curious. Thanks!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results