shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with finding a handbag like this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ps''ers!

Not sure if any of the girls from the last PS GTG remember me trying on this bag, but I can''t get it out of my mind! It''s a Ferragamo and the original price was 1,080.00. It was on sale on Neiman''s website but it''s no longer in stock. It was on sale for $638.00 !!!!! Still a little higher than I like, but that''s a deal!
31.gif

Well, I would really like to find something like it for $300 or so. Any ideas? I''m mainly going for the metallic look. Not too big but not too small either.

I''ve tried a ton of sites but nothing hitting the mark. Please help
17.gif

Thanks so much!

NMV6161_mn.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
staying under 300 is certainly doable if you are not adverse to checking out tj maxx. where i live the store is very nice and clean and has nice merchandise for the most part. i wander in there when i am passing by every now and then and sometimes run onto nice handbags or wallets.

i have purchased two metallics in there. one a michael kors and the other a maxx. they are both a very good quality of genuine leather and the metallic is not a glossy in your face but very nice and subtle. one is a silver, pewter, platinum color (the maxx) and one is gold, bronze color (the michael kors). each is very well made. i paid just under 200 for the kors and around 120 for the maxx. difficult to find a quality handbag for those prices anywhere else. hth.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, definitely try TJ Maxx...they have a great selection. Also, try Marshalls if you have one near you.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s not a thousand dollar purse at 50% off, but I think this Marc Jabobs metallic satchel is cute. It''s not $300 either, but maybe it''ll work...

marcjacobs_satchel_metallic.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I was just browsing on shopbop and saw the same metallic Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. I was thinking it might work asscher_girl.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Crown and Diamond D, I was in a Marshalls the other day but didn''t find anythig. I''ll keep both of those stores in mind.

Hi Sera, that''s a great option, thanks! A little bit over the budget but a really great bag!
1.gif

Thanks Qtiekiki!

sera

Ideal_Rock
How about this Elliot Lucca that is $228 (within budget).

elliotlucca_satchel_bronze.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2007 8:06:47 PM
Author: sera
How about this Elliot Lucca that is $228 (within budget).
That''s a really nice option. Asscher, that bag style was fabulous on you! Please post pics of whichever you buy!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I tried this one and its sooo soft and comes in a metallic!

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?productId=147561&categoryId=300316&productGroup=147560

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
oooohhh, oobiecoo! I love that cole haan. Did you try it on at a Cole Haan boutique or at a dept store?

Sera I like that option too, thanks!

I agree Gypsy, I freaking loved that bag I tried on
30.gif

Hey Gypsy - side note, we are moving to the peninsula! We are going to take a look at some places this weekend, wish us luck
1.gif
Hope things are going well for you. Hopefully we can all GTG again soon.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 11:10:11 AM
Author:asscher_girl
Hi Ps''ers!

Not sure if any of the girls from the last PS GTG remember me trying on this bag, but I can''t get it out of my mind! It''s a Ferragamo and the original price was 1,080.00. It was on sale on Neiman''s website but it''s no longer in stock. It was on sale for $638.00 !!!!! Still a little higher than I like, but that''s a deal!
31.gif

Well, I would really like to find something like it for $300 or so. Any ideas? I''m mainly going for the metallic look. Not too big but not too small either.

I''ve tried a ton of sites but nothing hitting the mark. Please help
17.gif

Thanks so much!
I have this bag in black! I love it but it certianly is bigger than I wanted it to be. Do you have a ferragammo store near you? Also, you may want to try and call the store. I got mine at the one on 5th ave in NYC but I live right around the corner from there. I also wanted it in white and as soon as it went on sale it was not to be found. Also, did you know that it comes in a smaller size? The small one is so cute and I imagine that it has to be cheaper. Like I said, mine is big! It doesn''t seem as big when there is a lot of stuff in it but I really don''t lug around a lot of stuff.

Before this one, the last good bag that I had was a Marc Jacobs. I waited a long time to get this one because I couldn''t find anything that I liked, like it. I searched all over the place and in the end I figured it was worth it since I kept coming back to the same bag.

If I see anything similar I''ll let you know.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I tried it at a boutique... they have a couple of different sizes too. I'm trying to convince FI that its the perfect Christmas gift for me since I desperately need a new bag but it doesn't look like it'll happen.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results