shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Finding 3.5-4 ct. D-G GCAL 8x Round Diamond!

manhattan_mined

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, everyone!

So I am nearly legally blind, but my soon-to-be fiancée is certainly not, which is why I need your help!

We’ve been looking for a GCAL 8x LGD in the 3-4 carat range (she seems like she’s leaning toward a 3.5-3.7, but the search is broad for now). My woman is pretty dead set on this GCAL 8x certification since (1) she’s a bit anxious with me purchasing online, (2) wants to optimize for good old fire and brilliance, and (3, which is the *gulp* part) she doesn’t want to upgrade down the line.

She has medium-deep skin, so I think I can get away with buying a G color instead of D-F, but D-F is preferred. She’s flexible on clarity up to VS2.

After doing some extensive searching, it seems like these things are a bit tough to find, especially HPHT ones. I’m very open to CVD ones if they are still decent quality, though.

Any leads? Budget is flexible (likely $8000 absolute maximum, but I’d love to save a few dollars if possible). Thank you kindly.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look at these. I haven't been able to find HPHT options yet, but I'm still looking.

manhattan_mined

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks a ton! And I’ll talk with my girlfriend about considering maybe 3.3 or 3.4 carat HPHT, if there are any around.

Of the ones you’ve linked so far, which stands out to you as the best in terms of optical performance, @Kim N?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a ton! And I’ll talk with my girlfriend about considering maybe 3.3 or 3.4 carat HPHT, if there are any around.

Of the ones you’ve linked so far, which stands out to you as the best in terms of optical performance, @Kim N?

I like the F the best of those.

Here's an HPHT slightly under 3.5.

manhattan_mined

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like the F the best of those.

Here's an HPHT slightly under 3.5.

Thanks for sending!

In your opinion, is the F CVD diamond substantially worse than the 3.43 HPHT?

Secondly, I managed to find the below diamond - if you think it’s GCAL 8x level (or simply a quality diamond), I can certainly talk my girlfriend into it. Thoughts?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sending!

In your opinion, is the F CVD diamond substantially worse than the 3.43 HPHT?

Secondly, I managed to find the below diamond - if you think it’s GCAL 8x level (or simply a quality diamond), I can certainly talk my girlfriend into it. Thoughts?

The F looks like a great CVD, not substantially worse at all.

The E VVS2 from DreamStone has a gorgeous cut but looks to have slight blue nuance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results