shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Emerald Cut Stone

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an exciting time for me, I have a "big" birthday and my 40th wedding anniversary coming up in 2020. I'm on the hunt for a 3 carat emerald cut or OEC. I know, two very different stones LOL. The setting will be a very vintage look so a warmer OEC or EC will work as long as it's not too yellow. I already have a gorgeous yellow diamond ring. I don't know a lot about ECs or OECs other than I love the look of them. I have a 3.64ct OEC coming in on Wed that I will be looking at but today I happened upon a 3.01ct EC that I really liked. The length to width ratio was just what I like in an EC, a little chubby. It was a VS2, J color but faced up pretty white, perfect for the vintage look I'm going for. Can someone who knows more about emerald cut stones look at the numbers for me? Is it bad that it's a Forevermark diamond so no GIA report? I don't have a pic of the stone itself. It was already set in this setting with a huge halo that was very distracting to the stone so all I can ask about are the numbers.

J
No florescence
VS2
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
9.39 x 7.02 x 4.72mm
Table: 63%
Total Depth: 67.2%
Girdle: 3.4% Faceted
Length to width: 1.34:1
Inclusions: Cloud, crystal, feather [stone is pretty eye clean]

AV_

Ideal_Rock
OEC & EC both have their broad facets - step brothers, at least.

The numbers seem OK - not too much, not too little of anything.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One can't really buy fancies, including stepcuts, from the numbers alone - it's all about how the faceting works, so videos are the best assessment tool, alongside ASETscope images if possible!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow catmom CONGRATS on those milestones!

Do you have any pics of the emerald cut? With fancies what the eye sees is way more important than numbers.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow catmom CONGRATS on those milestones!

Do you have any pics of the emerald cut? With fancies what the eye sees is way more important than numbers.

Thanks for your comments AV and Ooohshiny.

Thank you Distracts, makes me feel very old though lol. I don't have any pics. It was set in a huge round halo believe it or not that was very distracting. At first glance it was hard to tell it was even an emerald cut. Hubby and I were doing everything we could to block out that garish halo. I really like the looks and shape of the stone though. Looked good in all lighting. I'm glad to hear visual is best. But I still have the OEC to see on Wednesday.

Reactions: AV_

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an exciting time for me, I have a "big" birthday and my 40th wedding anniversary coming up in 2020. I'm on the hunt for a 3 carat emerald cut or OEC. I know, two very different stones LOL. The setting will be a very vintage look so a warmer OEC or EC will work as long as it's not too yellow. I already have a gorgeous yellow diamond ring. I don't know a lot about ECs or OECs other than I love the look of them. I have a 3.64ct OEC coming in on Wed that I will be looking at but today I happened upon a 3.01ct EC that I really liked. The length to width ratio was just what I like in an EC, a little chubby. It was a VS2, J color but faced up pretty white, perfect for the vintage look I'm going for. Can someone who knows more about emerald cut stones look at the numbers for me? Is it bad that it's a Forevermark diamond so no GIA report? I don't have a pic of the stone itself. It was already set in this setting with a huge halo that was very distracting to the stone so all I can ask about are the numbers.

J
No florescence
VS2
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
9.39 x 7.02 x 4.72mm
Table: 63%
Total Depth: 67.2%
Girdle: 3.4% Faceted
Length to width: 1.34:1
Inclusions: Cloud, crystal, feather [stone is pretty eye clean]

OMG!! Did you see the 3.5 carat J from diamonds by Lauren I posted on show me the bling? Go look!!! Also on IG yatcube

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! Did you see the 3.5 carat J from diamonds by Lauren I posted on show me the bling? Go look!!! Also on IG yatcube

Oh yes, I saw it, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results