shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Earrings for Wedding

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
Hope everyone's doing well! Thanks for taking the time to check my post out. I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some direction.

I'm trying to purchase a pair of earrings for my fiancé to use on our wedding day. I know that she wants a pair of diamond studs for everyday use, so figured that would be a good route to go. Based on what i've found, 1 CTW is probably what i'll be able to afford, but i'm concerned they will be too small. I know it's subjective, but figured i'd get your opinions on the size. Planning on going with a pair of "A Cut Above" from White Flash (worth it?).

The other option that i'm considering is what i have attached. I totally fell in love with them and while they are a pair that I know my fiancé will love as well, i'm concerned that they might be too casual. What are your thoughts? Could these be used during a wedding?

I may end up going with both, but figured i'd get some opinions from the wonderful people who know a lot more than I ever will about this kind of stuff : )

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 5.46.02 PM.png

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think two half carat diamonds would be beautiful and classic. If she wants a bigger look, she could always get drops. I just went through buying wedding earrings and got small hoops I could wear everyday, and got lovely pearl drops to add to the hoops to wear for the wedding. I was looking at something trendier or more funky, and I’m really glad I didn’t go that route but that’s just me!

I definitely wouldn’t surprise her without getting her thoughts unless that’s what she asked you to! I as a bride would not have enjoyed the surprise and would have wanted to have a say...:rolleyes:

The last bit...wedding dress styles and venues, and other details change what the look should be. If it’s a formal wedding, or something in a church, I’d steer away from option two. Option two could be fun if she is switching up her look for a reception.

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
the photo you showed is very distinctive but in my opinion, not to wear to ones wedding ceremony. Two half carat stones would make a nice set (and from whiteflash could be upgraded down the road).

Makes sense. White Flash's upgrade policy along with the cut is why i'm leaning towards them. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
I think two half carat diamonds would be beautiful and classic. If she wants a bigger look, she could always get drops. I just went through buying wedding earrings and got small hoops I could wear everyday, and got lovely pearl drops to add to the hoops to wear for the wedding. I was looking at something trendier or more funky, and I’m really glad I didn’t go that route but that’s just me!

I definitely wouldn’t surprise her without getting her thoughts unless that’s what she asked you to! I as a bride would not have enjoyed the surprise and would have wanted to have a say...:rolleyes:

The last bit...wedding dress styles and venues, and other details change what the look should be. If it’s a formal wedding, or something in a church, I’d steer away from option two. Option two could be fun if she is switching up her look for a reception.

Glad you avoided the trendy/funky look and ended up being really happy with your decision : )

Drops would be interesting. I'll take a look to see what I can find.

I'm totally with you about the surprise element; I do know that she was considering studs, but was hesitant due to cost. I think they're a safe bet. I would have ideally like to go a little bigger, which is why i have been hesitant, but it seems two half carats might do the trick.

We're going to be dressed to the nines for a wedding, but it's just going to be us outdoors : ) So, I feel like we could get away with certain things.

Really appreciate the feedback and congrats on getting married; seems it happened recently : )

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Glad you avoided the trendy/funky look and ended up being really happy with your decision : )

Drops would be interesting. I'll take a look to see what I can find.

I'm totally with you about the surprise element; I do know that she was considering studs, but was hesitant due to cost. I think they're a safe bet. I would have ideally like to go a little bigger, which is why i have been hesitant, but it seems two half carats might do the trick.

We're going to be dressed to the nines for a wedding, but it's just going to be us outdoors : ) So, I feel like we could get away with certain things.

Really appreciate the feedback and congrats on getting married; seems it happened recently : )

And sorry if I came off harsher than I meant to - hah! I had such a knee jerk reaction to “surprise” - so many brides are very particular about their “look”!

I totally get all of it. I feel like doing a solo wedding is the perfect excuse to indulge and enjoy some luxuries for just you two!

And just with her dress - it’s so hard to pick accessories without knowing what the dress looks like. I’m not sure if you’re going a more traditional route and she’s waiting to show you until the day of...but bold accessories definitely need to be chosen with the dress in mind. Like, those earrings with a satin ball gown and sparkly pumps...not a great fit. Those earrings with a sleek, crepe pantsuit and pointy toed stilettos? Totally different story! If you are aiming for formal...they don’t immediately strike me as formal

but anyways...
congrats on your upcoming wedding! It’s sweet of you to think of her. It’s exciting and I hope it’s everything you hope it is! It’s a weird time to get married, but we had a blast despite it being a way simpler ceremony than we planned.

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
And sorry if I came off harsher than I meant to - hah! I had such a knee jerk reaction to “surprise” - so many brides are very particular about their “look”!

I totally get all of it. I feel like doing a solo wedding is the perfect excuse to indulge and enjoy some luxuries for just you two!

And just with her dress - it’s so hard to pick accessories without knowing what the dress looks like. I’m not sure if you’re going a more traditional route and she’s waiting to show you until the day of...but bold accessories definitely need to be chosen with the dress in mind. Like, those earrings with a satin ball gown and sparkly pumps...not a great fit. Those earrings with a sleek, crepe pantsuit and pointy toed stilettos? Totally different story! If you are aiming for formal...they don’t immediately strike me as formal

but anyways...
congrats on your upcoming wedding! It’s sweet of you to think of her. It’s exciting and I hope it’s everything you hope it is! It’s a weird time to get married, but we had a blast despite it being a way simpler ceremony than we planned.

You didn't come across harsh at all.

Again, you make a great point about the dress. It is a formal dress, so i guess they won't really work. I may have to buy them anyway, because they're pretty sweet and i think she'll be able to use them casually from time to time. With that said, I am hoping that the studs become more of a permanent fixture given the cost haha

It certainly is a weird time, but i'm glad you all had a blast even though you had to change things up. We had to completely change our plans too, but are probably even more excited about how we're doing it.

Thanks again! Wishing you, and everyone reading this really, a lifetime of ever-growing love and happiness!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond studs sound PERFECT!! The ACA’s will sparkle edge to edge so they will appear larger, IMO. Congratulations!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the studs!

I wore .5 ct each studs (1 ctw) for 20 years. They are a classic size and can be worn for dressy occasions as well in an office environment. Plus the ACAs are upgradable down the road if/when she wants larger ones.

Put me down as another one for the studs! Congratulations on your wedding btw :)

Just wanted to add in a suggestion that if you’re amenable, check out the ES/PS selections on WF as well. These are stones that just miss out on ACA classification because of minute differences in symmetry but those are often indistinguishable to the naked eye (especially for earrings, which won’t be scrutinised as closely as rings are). You may be able to go a bit bigger in the same budget, and they hold all the same upgrade benefits etc. If I’m not mistaken. Also with earrings you usually have a little flexibility with colour and clarity (unless your fiancée prizes very high colour and clarity) since they are again in your ears and not scrutinised as closely.

If you do want to get something more “extra” for the wedding, how about a pair of detachable pearl drops (as I think someone mentioned), to hang from the stud? Not sure if this will be cost effective or not, but you could get a pair of pearl studs with a screw back and a hoop/hook attachement for them to screw into. Then they can be worn as detachable dangles from a diamond stud or as a pearl stud on its own.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pair of diamond studs never date or go out of style. they are considered a “wardrobe staple” and on almost every woman’s “top 5 list of jewellery items to own”.
the feather earrings are quirky and cute, but not wedding day attire unless she is barefoot and wearing an unstructured dress ie bohemian style.
congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for classic studs that can be dressed up or down. The other earrings you posted above seem like they could/will go out of style.

You can buy jackets for future update to the studs.

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
Another vote for the studs!

I wore .5 ct each studs (1 ctw) for 20 years. They are a classic size and can be worn for dressy occasions as well in an office environment. Plus the ACAs are upgradable down the road if/when she wants larger ones.

Great to know! Part of why I decided to go with white flash is the upgrade policy. It's definitely good to know we can upgrade down the road : )

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
Put me down as another one for the studs! Congratulations on your wedding btw :)

Just wanted to add in a suggestion that if you’re amenable, check out the ES/PS selections on WF as well. These are stones that just miss out on ACA classification because of minute differences in symmetry but those are often indistinguishable to the naked eye (especially for earrings, which won’t be scrutinised as closely as rings are). You may be able to go a bit bigger in the same budget, and they hold all the same upgrade benefits etc. If I’m not mistaken. Also with earrings you usually have a little flexibility with colour and clarity (unless your fiancée prizes very high colour and clarity) since they are again in your ears and not scrutinised as closely.

If you do want to get something more “extra” for the wedding, how about a pair of detachable pearl drops (as I think someone mentioned), to hang from the stud? Not sure if this will be cost effective or not, but you could get a pair of pearl studs with a screw back and a hoop/hook attachement for them to screw into. Then they can be worn as detachable dangles from a diamond stud or as a pearl stud on its own.

Thanks so much! I'm really excited! And thanks for all the suggestions! I did broaden the search to include ES/PS selections, but given the size and color I was hoping for, it seems ACA is going to be the way to go. I had not wanted to go below an I, but there are a pair of Js that i really like, so might go that route. Worst case scenario we can upgrade down the line.

I'll look into the peal drops and studs, although i have no idea if she's even into pearls.

It seems the diamond studs are going to be my safest bet overall.

Rookie_Buyer

Rough_Rock
Another vote for classic studs that can be dressed up or down. The other earrings you posted above seem like they could/will go out of style.

You can buy jackets for future update to the studs.

Agreed. Classic studs it is : ) Thanks for taking the time to respond!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ACA are perfect and then you can upgrade for anniversaries!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results