shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marjen

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am new here. Just had my 10th anniversary and had decided to upgrade my wifes engagement ring as a present. She really wanted a new band. We got engaged young (22yrs old) so her ring is pretty plain. She really is not into jewelry much at all in fact she only wears her ring and nothing else. She is not a big gold fan (which her ring is) and has selected a new platinum setting. So the plan was to take her diamond out and put it in that setting.

But the more I think about the more I don''t want to do it. I guess I would rather keep the original ring intact after all. So I am now faced with the dilema of whether to get a new diamond for the new ring. Not exactly something I was planning on purchasing at the moment. I know she really likes the princess cut diamonds (hers is round) so I am considering getting one. I have been looking on the web. It seems that I would be interested in G-H color, VS1-2 color and an ideal cut. Is this a good way to go. I did find this one one:

http://www.adiamor.com/D-2530434.htm

Is this any good?

Here is her current ring specs

Wght: .60 carats
Diam: 5.1mm
Depth: 65.7%
Table:61%
Angle:37%
Girdle: Slightly thick to very thick
Culet: small
Fluorescence: No
Cut Grade: Fine/Good
Clarity: SI2
Color: G

the only thing that worries me about her current ring is the form says GPB graded and I can''t find any info about that. The new one I am looking at is GIA certified. I am looking in the 1 carat range. Any help would be appreciated. THanks. The setting will be here today so time is of the esense for me. Too much pressure!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results