shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with diamond stud earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCDiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi there...hoping that the knowledgeable people on this board might be able to help me out.

I would like to buy my wife a pair of diamond stud earrings for xmas. I have taken a look at Blue Nile, Whiteflash, and a few places on 47th St. Today I found the following on 47th St., and would appreciate honest feedback on these round cut stones. I will be setting the stones in traditional four prong platinum settings.

Stone 1:

Measurements: 4.54-4.60x2.76mm
Weight: .35 carat
Proportions:
Depth: 60.4%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity Grade: VS1
Characteristic: Crystal
Color Grade: D
Flor: None
Price: $1250

Stone 2:
Measurements: 4.49-4.52x2.76mm
Weight: .34 carat
Proportions:
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity Grade: VS1
Characteristics: Crystal, Feather
Color Grade: E
Flor: None
Price: $1175

I was impressed with both of these stones and am sure that I could get the dealer on 47th street to go down to $2300 for both stones including the settings. I have found similar and lower priced stones on Blue Nile. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You really have limited information here to go on. No crown angles or pavillion angles or idealscopes or other goodies we like to see here on pricescope, but you have had the advantage of seeing the stones in person. You have to decide which is more important to you in making your choice.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
do you really really reaally reaaaallllyyy need d,f vs stones for earrings? would you consider g/h SI2 for ears?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 9:03:36 PM
Author: ladykemma
do you really really reaally reaaaallllyyy need d,f vs stones for earrings? would you consider g/h SI2 for ears?
Agree with LadyKemma...You will be paying a very large premium for those D/E colored stones. Also, do you have your heart set on platinum settings? You can do wg and save some extra bucks, which you can put into the actual diamonds themselves. I dont know what your priority is- size vs. specs- that is something only you can answer. You could definitely drop down to G/S12 for these earrings, get more size for your money, and nobody would even know the difference...diamonds in the ears are much more forgiving than ones worn on the hand....

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results