shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond setting height? (2.5CT)

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! The jeweler I'm working with sent me this cad for a solitaire 6 prong. What mm setting height would be "medium" for a 2.5ct diamond? Looking for not too low, but also too high and catch on everything.
1636416757547.png
The jewelery says Average height is 6.5mm's and with this CAD i'm currently at 7.2mm- 7.4mm.

Would love recommendations! And does anyone know what mm height the Vatche U113 and CVB Jovyn is set at?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Mm height depends on the stone being set as it is limited at it’s lowest end by the stone’s depth and crown height. A 1ct tolk round would sit very differently than a 1ct asscher, for example. I assume this is a round from the prong arrangement, so your minimum depth is at least the stone’s depth dimension plus I’d think at least 1mm for the shank even if the stone is set down into the shank.

looking at this I don’t think it’s too high by any means. But it’s personal preference and I don’t think there is a standard “height” those rings are set at and it’s rather dictated by the stone.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
Are you wearing a wedding ring flush next to it? It so, consider the height of the wedding ring as well to make sure the ering center stone is high enough that it doesn't hit/rub the prongs or you'll need to wear a spacer.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Mm height depends on the stone being set as it is limited at it’s lowest end by the stone’s depth and crown height. A 1ct tolk round would sit very differently than a 1ct asscher, for example. I assume this is a round from the prong arrangement, so your minimum depth is at least the stone’s depth dimension plus I’d think at least 1mm for the shank even if the stone is set down into the shank.

looking at this I don’t think it’s too high by any means. But it’s personal preference and I don’t think there is a standard “height” those rings are set at and it’s rather dictated by the stone.

Thank you! After looking at it I think it's actually sitting just slightly low.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Are you wearing a wedding ring flush next to it? It so, consider the height of the wedding ring as well to make sure the ering center stone is high enough that it doesn't hit/rub the prongs or you'll need to wear a spacer.

Thanks! I've decided to go with a plain band for wedding and ering for that reason, I wouldve done pave but it seemed inevitable that there would be some sort of damage. With a plain wedding band, do you still recommend a spacer?

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I've decided to go with a plain band for wedding and ering for that reason, I wouldve done pave but it seemed inevitable that there would be some sort of damage. With a plain wedding band, do you still recommend a spacer?

I would recommend setting you center stone high enough so that the wedding ring can sit flush against the band of your ering to avoid having a gap (unless you like that look). No spacer unless you need one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results