shape
carat
color
clarity

help with diamond on hold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luthergirl

Rough_Rock

i have a diamond on hold, and I''m really hoping all the experts can help me out!

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=984474

Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 56%
Crown: 34.5
Pav: 40.8
Pol: Ex
Sym: Ex
Fluor: Faint

GIA

any thougts/opinions would be greatly appreciated--I have tried to do my research, but would love to hear from you all!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks very nice

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.3 - Excellent
within TIC range

It sounds beautiful. JulieN, is so good with numbers.
36.gif

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses!

I guess I am mainly concerned about the si2--and if I will see the inclusion, mainly a feather along the table. I''m also still kind of nervous about the I color, will faint fluor help at all or does it need to be at least medium? Any opinions on either? This is why I think I need to see it in person to decide!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nah, need at least med.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it comes out cleaner than you think.. Can I ask you what is involved in putting it on hold? Do you have to put large deposit?can you change your mind without penalty? I have lost one stone because I did not put any hold on it? thanks

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 11:14:37 PM
Author: scarleta
I hope it comes out cleaner than you think.. Can I ask you what is involved in putting it on hold? Do you have to put large deposit?can you change your mind without penalty? I have lost one stone because I did not put any hold on it? thanks
I''m sure it depends on the vendors. I emailed and talked with them today, and have it on hold until tomorrow when I plan to do the transaction. I gave them some of my personal information, but nothing has been charged to me yet. At this point I can still change my mind without penatly. Most places also have return policies--it varies per company, but JA has a 30-day $ back policy. I felt much more comfortable knowing that I can have it sent to me and if the diamond isn''t right for me personally I could return it--the only expense I would have to pay is to ship it back if I so choose. Hope that helps!

If you are interested in a diamond, I''d definitely give them a call and talk to them and see what they say.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks I did that and its been sold completely.So I have to be quick on the next one I like.Its nice of them to hold it one day with no money..I wish you best of luck here...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2006 10:56:27 PM
Author: luthergirl
Thanks for the responses!

I guess I am mainly concerned about the si2--and if I will see the inclusion, mainly a feather along the table. I''m also still kind of nervous about the I color, will faint fluor help at all or does it need to be at least medium? Any opinions on either? This is why I think I need to see it in person to decide!
Ask JA what they think of the diamond. They will tell you. Ask if it is "eye-clean" and ask them what they mean by "eye-clean"

Maybe they mean from 12" away from the top down or maybe they mean something else. Call and ask it will make you feel better. Then if it sounds good have it sent to you so you can decide if it looks good to you.

HTH

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this diamond is eyeclean - and as SH says, do make sure your definition of eyeclean and that of the vendor match, then this could be a great choice! As an owner of a lower colour diamond with faint fluorescence, in my opinion it does help the diamond to face up whiter, compared to similar I have seen without.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results