shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with diamond huggies

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I’ve been on the search for diamond huggies to replace my current, rather lackluster, pair.

I came across a pair of pavé huggies on Blue Nile that interest me but am concerned that the I color melee will look a bit warm against the white gold metal I’d like.
462D977B-822D-46DE-9F3D-0C2D935904E0.jpeg

Is my fear of too much warmth unfounded?

If not, can anyone direct me to a vendor that might have or can produce a similar pair in higher color melee (F/G)? I am interested in true huggies (approx 12mm in diameter).

Thank very much in advance!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi!
Post your question in the RockyTalky forum: there's more traffic there.
:wavey:purplesilk

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Post your question in the RockyTalky forum: there's more traffic there.
:wavey:purplesilk

Thank you! I've asked the mods to move my post. :)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't think the diamonds will look yellow or tinted. I would check ID Jewelry to see what they may have as well that you may like.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love diamond huggies. They are so easy to wear and a bright pop of bling looks so pretty on one's ears. Will they appear tinted to you is the real question as that is a personal decision. Some are very color sensitive and see a tint in GIA G diamonds and some don't notice it in a GIA I diamond. I think the metal choice is A OK but the question is will you see a tint or will it appear colorless to *you*?

My best guess is no because the diamonds are small and the smaller diamonds are less likely to show the tint larger diamonds do. HTH and good luck.

FWIW I would definitely contact Yekutiel at IDJ and see what he can make you for your budget. IDJ can make the most of your budget and give you a very blingy beautiful look.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think they will look tinted. I'd be a little more concerned about the I1 clarity...that said, the earrings have a lot of good reviews, and there are pics of people wearing them and they look nice. BN has a good return policy, including free return shipping, might be worth checking them out. If you do let us know what you think!

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the advice!

Returns are a bit tricky for me because I live in France, so I was hoping someone here had physically come across or owned a pair with similar specs. However, your comments give me confidence that the I color won't be a problem (I am a bit color-sensitive but I don't think I'll obsess about something on my ears), though junebug's astute observation re clarity does give me pause.

Truthfully, I'm turning 40 at the end of this year and am searching for a birthday gift. I've waffled from a DBTY to shared-prong hoops to pavé huggies to diamond studs and from WF to BGD to IDJ. Each day, I think of something else I might want instead. I give fair warning that there may be more posts asking for help.

Perhaps it will be best to pay IDJ a visit the next time I go back to NY. In the meantime, I will return to lurking.

Thanks again and cheers!

PS For anyone interested, here is a link I just found to a similar pair at IDJ but with F/G SI melee: https://idjewelry.com/0-93ct-3-row-pave-diamond-huggies-18k-white-gold.html

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!
I too am looking to buy small hoops or huggies
Wish I had a Costco membership , But looking into IDJ also

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!
I too am looking to buy small hoops or huggies
Wish I had a Costco membership , But looking into IDJ also

Hi Dhana,

I'm not sure if you've looked at the Whiteflash shared-prong hoops but I've been in touch with Liza and have been told that they can make a smaller, "huggier" version.

Just FYI. :)

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks , is it a concern that stones may fall off the pave Huggies?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the earrings are well made the pave should not fall out of the setting. I would contact Yekutiel at IDJ and tell him your criteria and budget and I bet he could make you a beautiful pair. Things that concern me about earrings are weight (the lighter weight the more comfy for me) and bling factor. I would want more diamonds vs metal and would prefer the metal to not even show if possible. So if you are getting a pair made or even just looking for a ready made pair look at how much metal is showing vs the diamonds that are showing. All I want to see are diamonds in my diamond huggies and hoops.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you , has anyone here purchased from them? I will look them up .

Q

Queenie60

Thank you , has anyone here purchased from them? I will look them up .

Yes, I have purchased a few bracelets, earrings and gifts from them. Always beautiful and well made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results