shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond Foundry 3 carat Oval

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
Have you done a virtual appointment with them? I'm considering a stone and setting from them, but when I look at their lab diamond images and compare them to brilliant earth's online photos, the diamond foundry or vrai selection seems dull. Is that just how their displayed online? I think i'm going to do virtual appointments with both, hoping to see if there's truly a difference.

ekg

Rough_Rock
The appointment was very underwhelming! Thir 'expert' didn't really answer any of my questions, and it felt as he was very limited in what he was allowed to say.

I agree that the stone looks dull; he was not able to convince me it wasn't.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
That's disappointing to hear! I'm still going to try out the virtual appointment with them because I can't get my eyes off their knife edge setting and they have some diamond selections that are priced well enough to be worth trying. Have you tried with any other retailers?

What kind of questions did you ask if you don't mind me asking? Did you only look at that diamond or was he able to show you comparables?

I jumped at diamond foundry because I saw Love Affair Diamond's purchase on Instagram.. her giant beautiful emerald cut. I figured VRAI being an offset of DF would be comparable, but if DF is supplying VRAI and you felt is was a dull stone, it makes me wary.

ekg

Rough_Rock
I wanted to know more about the brilliance of the stone and the bow-tie of the oval. They also state the cut grade on their certificate, and since this is a fancy shape, I wanted to know more bout that. We spoke for 30 min, but after the call, I didn't feel convinced that this was the right stone. Also, he kept defaulting to the 60-day return policy saying that if I don't like it, I can always return it.

I am very curious to hear how your consultation goes. I love their settings and would definitely try again.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I wanted to know more about the brilliance of the stone and the bow-tie of the oval. They also state the cut grade on their certificate, and since this is a fancy shape, I wanted to know more bout that. We spoke for 30 min, but after the call, I didn't feel convinced that this was the right stone. Also, he kept defaulting to the 60-day return policy saying that if I don't like it, I can always return it.

I am very curious to hear how your consultation goes. I love their settings and would definitely try again.

I'll definitely let you know how it goes when i do it. I did read the the return policy but it's not 100% clear to be if they set the diamond and size the band and i size a matching wedding band, will i then be able to return it. I'm all about convenience and having a stone shipped to me unset then having to return it is far above my ability to be patient. Lol.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
@ekg i have a virtual appointment set with Vrai on Wednesday.. with someone named Danny.. do you remember the name of the guy you had yours with?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results