shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with diamond earring purchase

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, these are not a good match. The diameter of one is 7.05 x 7.03mm and the other is 6.81 x 6.87. That's not close enough.

The ones you chose are what we call 60/60 stones due to their table and depth, and I do think they can be okay for studs. However, I'd be hesitant to buy stones with those measurements without an ASET image to show light return. In addition, the 1.20 stone has dark inclusions right under the table, so I would not choose that one. I also would buy both stones with fluroescence or without it when getting a matched pair. One of those had it and the other didn't.

Here are the measurements I use for finding well cut stones. I have more confidence in buying stones within these parameters especially when no light return images are provided.

table: 54-57 (58 ok)

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9

surferla

Rough_Rock
Well, these are not a good match. The diameter of one is 7.05 x 7.03mm and the other is 6.81 x 6.87. That's not close enough.

The ones you chose are what we call 60/60 stones due to their table and depth, and I do think they can be okay for studs. However, I'd be hesitant to buy stones with those measurements without an ASET image to show light return. In addition, the 1.20 stone has dark inclusions right under the table, so I would not choose that one. I also would buy both stones with fluroescence or without it when getting a matched pair. One of those had it and the other didn't.

Here are the measurements I use for finding well cut stones. I have more confidence in buying stones within these parameters especially when no light return images are provided.

table: 54-57 (58 ok)

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9

Thank you for the incredible response!

What parameters should I be searching for in terms of best bang for my buck?

Eye clean - si1/si2 ?
I/J color?
2.4-2.6 total carat weight
platinum setting
Max budget 12K

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results