shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond and golden south sea pearl pendant CAD

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I am having a pendant designed with a diamond, golden south sea pearl, emeralds and yellow diamonds. I have had several changes made and this is my current CAD.
The prongs will be claws but it feels like there are still too many prongs? I would appreciate any suggestions you might have to improve the design as this will be a special piece for me. Your expert help in the past has been wonderful.
Thanks for looking. A5FE6770-D6F5-4D7D-B3AB-B6E24BFA02AF.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
How fun!

I have a couple of ideas, though I'm not sure if they'd be better than what you already have.

One is to remove the bail and instead have a chain attached to each side of the top piece of the pendant (the star). That might give the pendant itself more focus.

Another idea is to somehow arrange the upper part of the pendant (the part that's now in a star shape) into an upside down pear shape, so it kind of echoes the teardrop shape of the pearl.

I also think it would look great the way it is though, so just some food for thought there. :)

ETA: Aha! I thought you were the one who had that gorgeous Mali garnet pendant made. It's beautiful!

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about the prongs possibly being too noticeable. Maybe you could look around at pendants, on 1st Dibs or similar for examples of how the prongs issue is handled with other intricate pendants?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
How fun!

I have a couple of ideas, though I'm not sure if they'd be better than what you already have.

One is to remove the bail and instead have a chain attached to each side of the top piece of the pendant (the star). That might give the pendant itself more focus.

Another idea is to somehow arrange the upper part of the pendant (the part that's now in a star shape) into an upside down pear shape, so it kind of echoes the teardrop shape of the pearl.

I also think it would look great the way it is though, so just some food for thought there. :)

ETA: Aha! I thought you were the one who had that gorgeous Mali garnet pendant made. It's beautiful!

Thank you for the suggestions and lovely comment about my garnet pendant. I had similar thoughts about the bale. Loved the bale though in the garnet pendant. So many possibilities, I am driving myself crazy!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any meaningful suggestion but echo possible exclusion of the bale, the piece is quite lovely.
But, if we're handing out compliments I would just like to wave at that beautiful band stack of yours that I still desperately covet. Hello, beauties :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big is this pearl, exactly?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Intent is for the pearl to be permitted only side to side motion in this design.

But the pendant won’t be able to actually sit flat against the chest because the depth of the pearl exceeds the depth of the star…

And those types of side-to-side joints, they’re never exact. The pearl will have a tiny bit of leeway to kick forward a bit. Which will make the top of the pearl cup grind against the bottom of the star, prevent articulation, and honestly probably just get stuck in weird positions.

Easiest fix is to make the pearl stationary. It won’t have motion when worn anyway, making it static just ensures it doesn’t get stuck in odd orientations.

5B49FFD1-461F-4A7B-94CB-A7E0C27D567C.jpeg

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any meaningful suggestion but echo possible exclusion of the bale, the piece is quite lovely.
But, if we're handing out compliments I would just like to wave at that beautiful band stack of yours that I still desperately covet. Hello, beauties :love:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

thank you!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Intent is for the pearl to be permitted only side to side motion in this design.

But the pendant won’t be able to actually sit flat against the chest because the depth of the pearl exceeds the depth of the star…

And those types of side-to-side joints, they’re never exact. The pearl will have a tiny bit of leeway to kick forward a bit. Which will make the top of the pearl cup grind against the bottom of the star, prevent articulation, and honestly probably just get stuck in weird positions.

Easiest fix is to make the pearl stationary. It won’t have motion when worn anyway, making it static just ensures it doesn’t get stuck in odd orientations.

5B49FFD1-461F-4A7B-94CB-A7E0C27D567C.jpeg

Thank you so much for that suggestion. That would drive me nuts!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Latest CAD. Wanted more of a floral design. Have a model of it and ready to move ahead. Will ship the diamond this week. Have asked to see the emerald and yellow diamond melee with the pearl and ACA diamond before setting to be sure I like the colors of the stones. Excited! 20478CD3-0CD5-4274-8541-D28D0E25C632.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you're going to get the CAD printed. TBH, I like pendants that graduate from the bale down and the ratio of the flower to the pearl wouldn't please me (but people vary, or so I've heard a time or two).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest CAD. Wanted more of a floral design. Have a model of it and ready to move ahead. Will ship the diamond this week. Have asked to see the emerald and yellow diamond melee with the pearl and ACA diamond before setting to be sure I like the colors of the stones. Excited! 20478CD3-0CD5-4274-8541-D28D0E25C632.jpeg

I like it much better - definitely a floral vibe and not a star vibe! Can’t wait to see it finished!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you're going to get the CAD printed. TBH, I like pendants that graduate from the bale down and the ratio of the flower to the pearl wouldn't please me (but people vary, or so I've heard a time or two).

Thanks for viewing. I thought long and hard about that but have the model and really like it. Once I see all the stones together I might change my mind though lol!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! The floral stands out - it’ll hold its own against that big ol’ drop. And I promise you will be SO much happier with the non-articulated pearl - glad you decided on that alteration!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! The floral stands out - it’ll hold its own against that big ol’ drop. And I promise you will be SO much happier with the non-articulated pearl - glad you decided on that alteration!

Thank you so much for your help! Excited to see this coming together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results