shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with diamon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newguy55

Rough_Rock
Guys,
Can you help w a little advice? I''m a newbie!

VS1
POL:EX
SYM:EX
PROP:EX
DEPTH:61.1
TABLE:56
GIRDLE:THIN-MEDIUM
CLAR:VS1
COL:H
DIAMETER:6.5
CR ANGLE:34.2
PAV ANGLE:40.8
CULET:.2
TABLE:56.1
TOTAL DEPTH:61.1

$6500

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
This diamond has good potential to be a great performer if the grading and angles are accurate. (You didn't give Cert info-AGS, GIA, etc.)

Scores 1.1, TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg on the Cut Adviser. That's great!

The price seems a bit high. Is this an H&A??
1.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it sounds like a good stone, but here is a stone with the same color, clarity, weight, and all the highest scores for cut evaluations -- for less.

$6285

Is your stone certified? Is there a return policy?

The cut does seem good. Have you compared it to other stones?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
the stone is a performer! Is it a gia? ags?
It relly has all the measuremnts of an ideal cut.
as far as price is concerned I think it is overpriced by a $1,000.00
If you want to spend that kind of money.
I think you can get a bigger stone for that price.

newguy55

Rough_Rock
even for a hearts and arrows?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not call this "overpriced" but it is no bargain either.

Typically, the diamonds near 1ct listed on Pricescope's database (not the "known H&A" - all the bulk) have price variations of as much as 50%. This is by no means abnormal, since the listings only give rough lab report data on the stones. The entire price interval for ~1ct H-VS goes from $4200/ct to $7200/ct. At &6500/ct, your price surely takes into account cut quality. A peer (1.02 ACA at Whiteflash) goes for $6300 - not exactly allot of saving there.

However, a quick search for "known H&A" (on the respective Pricescope search engine) revealed a few G-VS2 priced from $5700 to $6500. I would not call VS2 a worse clarity - there isn't going to make any difference to you, since VS just means "no excuse eye clean", whether VS1 or VS2.

Did you try the H&A search engine on the GoodOldGold site? I am not sure it draws on the same data as this one, and the 5 min try may get you more options.

As for the stones listed below: I woudl not interpret those HCA scores as a hard pricing factor (so a score of 2 gets a discount relative to a score of 1). Among stones scoring above 2, I would rather get some direct analysis (say Light Scope or Ideal Scope pistures, and such) to tell their character...

Just as a disclaimer: I just hope no one counted how many times I wrote this down lately
2.gif
, but I surely believe in the mantra, for what it is worth!

GHVS.JPG

newguy55

Rough_Rock
OK just found out it scores all very good on the brilliancescope, has all excellents as far as sym and polish and has a gia cert

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always glad to hear about a happy ending...

Since you seem to be looking for the reassurance of top quality aside the appearance: this is it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results