shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with DBY multi-strand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have five mismatched omc diamonds that have been hanging around without a home. I''d like to incorporate them into a necklace that I can wear every day.

I like the DBY style, especially with the tiny bezels Brian Gavin has been producing. I also am a huge fan of two tone jewelry.

So I''m considering having something designed for these five stones. I think I''d like them bezeled in both yellow and white gold (the more colored stones in yellow, the colorless in white) attached to three different chains (again, a combo of yellow and white). I think I want the lengths to be all within about .5" of each other so they overlap.

Does anyone have any input on this? Other suggestions?

5stoneDBY1.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another picture with the stones staggered apart.

5stoneDBY2.JPG

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen this thread? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/adding-to-my-add-a-diamond-bracelet-cushion.132695/

This is a bracelet that a PS is working on. I think it''s a really neat idea, and you could keep adding stones as you collect them. I''m sure it could be done as a necklace.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhhh.... I forgot about that thread! I think this idea might work really well as a bracelet! I would have to included a charm on the end with the lobster clasp to keep the diamonds on the top of my wrist. Thanks for the thought.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love your three chain idea
10.gif

When I saw those stones something like this came to mind - there are just so many ways to showcase them!!

Excuse the crude paint job -

990998609879gkUPGR.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun project. I will be anxious to see your finished necklace.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Your basic idea is nice, but I''d like to warn you about the "overlaping" part. While it''s true that nothing else can scratch diamonds, it''s also true that other diamonds can scratch diamonds. And DBTY necaklces tend to have just bezels around the girdle of each stone (no basket of any sort), so if stones would have exposed cullets and wouldn''t be set far enough apart, they might damage eachother. Just something to think about.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished necklace or bracelet
31.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
On my screen, stones #2 and #4 show up much yellower than the other stones. I would love to see a three stone DBTY with stones #1, #3, and #5, then use the other two to make dangly earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results