shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with cushion

Sueellen86

Rough_Rock
Hi all, new to this forum but have got so much info from all other posters so far - thanks!!
I recently got engaged and really like a cushion in a halo setting. I've a deposit in a diamond but I'm getting nervous about the quality and would really appreciate any input.
It's a 1.2, e colour, si1. I didn't check it with a microscope at the time (foolishly) and didn't notice any inclusions at the time but from my picture below I think I cam see some... Am I just imagining things??
Thanks in advance!!

_35508.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it's inclusions, or just a poor cut, but I would pass on this one. It doesn't look sparkly at all.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sueellen86,

I cannot comment specifically on your diamond, but I can tell you - in general - you will not likely get a lot of feedback regarding quality of a cushion cut diamond photographed on your hand.

The best way to get feedback is find (or take) light performance images of your diamond [out of the setting if possible].

Barring that, you may get opinions on the look of the diamond in your particular setting or the way it appears on your hand, but you might not find people on PS able or willing to give advice on the quality of the diamond based solely on a photograph.

Sueellen86

Rough_Rock
Thanks for reply. I have this picture of the diamond loose and here are two others in other settings.
I thought it looked sparkly at the time....
The seller told me that cushions aren't rated on cut becUse they are fancy cuts - is this true? It's GIA cert. polish excellent, symmetry v good, and thn to stk girdle.

_35509.jpg

_35510.jpg

_35511.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Are you still in your return time period?

Sueellen86

Rough_Rock
Yes, I can get full deposit back at the moment...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sueellen86|1449556738|3958897 said:
Yes, I can get full deposit back at the moment...

Do it.

Sueellen86

Rough_Rock
Really? Ok so glad I put up the post and got yer advice! My budget isn't very big about 7k. Should I look for something with a higher clarity grade or what am I missing here that's not giving me the sparkle? Thanks again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results