shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with cushion please

Carbonne

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I have finally stopped lurking and would appreciate your advice!

I would be very grateful if you would let me have your opinion on this cushion diamond:

http://www.kapugems.com/kapuutilnew/search.do?method=load&stoneId=1000999693

I'm wondering about the following:

1. The inclusion under the table facet (it says it's eye clean, but does this inclusion make it a stone to avoid?)
2. Is it heading towards crushed ice? Are there too many virtual facets - is that what is making it look 'messy'?
3. The ASET image - I think it falls somewhere between 'above average-very good' and 'strong-ideal' - is that right? I can see that at 3 and 9 o'clock that the light return is not great (a lot of green there).

Thanks =)2

Carbonne

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone, I have finally stopped lurking and would appreciate your advice!

I would be very grateful if you would let me have your opinion on this cushion diamond:

http://www.kapugems.com/kapuutilnew/search.do?method=load&stoneId=1000999693

I'm wondering about the following:

1. The inclusion under the table facet (it says it's eye clean, but does this inclusion make it a stone to avoid?)
I think you need to see it in person. I can barely pick out the inclusion in the small video. At real size I think it would be
difficult (or not at all) at best.

2. Is it heading towards crushed ice? Are there too many virtual facets - is that what is making it look 'messy'?
I do not consider this a crushed ice stone. The faceting pattern looks nice to me.
3. The ASET image - I think it falls somewhere between 'above average-very good' and 'strong-ideal' - is that right? I can see that at 3 and 9 o'clock that the light return is not great (a lot of green there).
I think the aset image looks very nice...lots of red under the table.

It would be very nice if you could see it in person and know for sure. At this price point it may be worth a plane trip or car ride to
go see it.

Thanks =)2

Carbonne

Carbonne

Rough_Rock
Hi Tyty

Thanks very much for your detailed reply. I will definitely go and have a look at it.

Carbonne =)2

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice, the ASET is really good! Definitely worth a look

Carbonne

Rough_Rock
Hi Farrahlyn

Thanks very much for your reply. The ASET for this stone is definitely the best of a really terrible bunch of ASETs I have seen since starting to look.

Carbonne =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results