shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with cushion cut halo with micro pave

nycwindowshopper

Rough_Rock
I was wondering what people thought about having a cushion cut diamond (preferably vintage cut) sourced by Steven Kirsch, Leon Mege or Victor Canera in addition to having a Halo setting with micro pave done. Feels easier to do all together.

The diamond specs I am gunning for are:
Carat >2ct
Cut Ideal or Excellent
Color >H
Clarity >VS2
Certification GIA or AGS

I have a strict budget of <$25k for the whole ring. Realize it will be tight.

I am in NY so SK, LM, GOG, ID Jewelry are all possibilities to check out in person. I like the settings Victor has done, but his diamonds seem to be on the pricey side.

Any help is appreciated. Particularly cushion cut diamonds that might fit the criteria.

Thanks in advance.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor has some nice stones that would work for you;

www.victorcanera.com

Specifically check out the 2.024 I VS1, the 1.9848 I VS2, the 2.058 I VVS1 and the 2.218 I VS2.

I don't think there will be a huge difference between a H and an I in colour in an Antique stone, both would look fine and the latter will be more in your budget. Victor gives a bit of a discount if you get the stone and the setting both from him.

Ring or email Victor or Paige and tell them your total budget and what you want and they will suggest what they can do for you, then you can compare that with other vendors, like GOG. I think once you factor in the discount for the setting the stones from GOG and the setting from Steven will not be substantially cheaper.

If you are after a genuine Old Vintage cut ask Victor what he can get and also email Grace at Jewels by Grace, she might have something that would work for you not posted on her site yet;

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to Brilliantly Engaged. They have antique faceted Royal Chandelier cushions. Great customer service. And a hand forged bench. One stop shopping. All in NY.

Ask for Chris or Mark. :wavey:

I do feel Victor's stones are too expensive. You can get a higher color than an I stone. A nice G or H.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since (like me) you are in NYC, I'd like to suggest that, before committing to VC, you explore the possibilities of going locally. Unlike many PSers, we New Yorkers are in the enviable position of having a myriad of possibilities at our doorstep. There is nothing like being able to actually see fancy cuts in hand; the variety of "personalities" is even more pronounced with vintage stones -- which you may, or may not, prefer, but you won't know that until you see the different generations. (And for me, the opportunity to actually meet and chat with diamond vendors and/or jewelers is a nice plus).

Even if you ultimately decide to work with VC, I can't think of a downside to at least "testing the waters" locally.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that you should check out everyone locally first- you have so many great options. I am really jealous.
You can't beat seeing everything in person.

Have you definitely decided on a new cut? Old world diamonds could be an option as well- and local to you too.

nycwindowshopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks I appreciate all the info, I will try to check out the people in NYC in person. Do any of the people mentioned set GOG AVC diamonds? I thought I read that there were some issues with others setting "proprietary" cuts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results