shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with choosing lab diamond please ❤️

Gem246

Rough_Rock
Hello !
I am looking for a 2.5-3carat lab grown diamond.

Could I please have some help to look at the report and also video to see if it looks good ?

Currently I have a 2.02, J, SI1 GIA diamond but with strong fluorescence.
I’m very colour sensitive and I struggle with the warmth in the stone and then in the reverse in the sun the blue hue.

So I’m thinking of keeping the stone but changing to one of these everyday as the upgrade to a higher colourined diamond is in the $10-15k mark.

I’m in Australia

Thanks so much

Stone 1
2.59ct E VS1

Video

Stone 2
2.71ct E VS1

Video

I’ve also attatched my current stone 1B7DFAF6-3A08-4025-AE00-DDCB1E846B86.jpeg

Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 1D1B1A11-C224-4C0A-8CD7-F92FD3959454.jpeg
    1D1B1A11-C224-4C0A-8CD7-F92FD3959454.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 57

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't love the cut on either of those diamonds. How about this one instead?

Gem246

Rough_Rock
I don't love the cut on either of those diamonds. How about this one instead?

Just so I can learn something, what do you not like about the cut or what exactly should I be looking for ?

I thought as both these had hearts and arrows they would be quote nice but I absolutely appreciate your help and advice on selecting ☺️

Gem246

Rough_Rock
Just so I can learn something, what do you not like about the cut or what exactly should I be looking for ?

I thought as both these had hearts and arrows they would be quote nice but I absolutely appreciate your help and advice on selecting ☺️

I would also be open to a VS2 if you see another diamond that you think would be a good option ☺️

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Gem246!
Need to clarify: your budget is up to $15k AUD (approx $9850 USD), correct?

Gem246

Rough_Rock
Hello, Gem246!
Need to clarify: your budget is up to $15k AUD (approx $9850 USD), correct?

So sorry no that would be if I was sticking with a mined diamond.

But I’ve chosen to go a lab diamond as we cannot afford to upgrade my current mines diamond ( in the pictures)

So I’m going to keep that diamond but wear the lab daily as I’m struggling with the colour and would like an upgrade in size.

My budget would be around $2,800 US

Thank you

Gem246

Rough_Rock
So sorry no that would be if I was sticking with a mined diamond.

But I’ve chosen to go a lab diamond as we cannot afford to upgrade my current mines diamond ( in the pictures)

So I’m going to keep that diamond but wear the lab daily as I’m struggling with the colour and would like an upgrade in size.

My budget would be around $2,800 US

Thank you

Also Novita diamonds is in Australia and seem to have reasonable pricing in comparison to others so if you see a diamond in their inventory between the below specs that you think looks good that would be great !

Specs
2.5-3ct round brilliant
DEF colour
Vs1 or VS2 in clarity
Triple excellent

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Also Novita diamonds is in Australia and seem to have reasonable pricing in comparison to others so if you see a diamond in their inventory between the below specs that you think looks good that would be great !

Specs
2.5-3ct round brilliant
DEF colour
Vs1 or VS2 in clarity
Triple excellent

See if they have any of these listed and inquire about pre-GST price matching, if so.

Gem246

Rough_Rock
See if they have any of these listed and inquire about pre-GST price matching, if so.

Thank you so much that’s been really helpful !
I love the 3.02 but I’m scared it goings to feel huge !

Could you possibly pick a few 2.6- 2.7ct size diamonds for me too to view ?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much that’s been really helpful !
I love the 3.02 but I’m scared it goings to feel huge !

Could you possibly pick a few 2.6- 2.7ct size diamonds for me too to view ?

The last one is 2.72, so keep that on your short list if your seller can get it.
I'll post some more when you're back on the forum.

Gem246

Rough_Rock
The last one is 2.72, so keep that on your short list if your seller can get it.
I'll post some more when you're back on the forum.

Great thank you ! Looking forward to your finds

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Great thank you ! Looking forward to your finds

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.68 D VVS2 for USD $2615. It's slightly tilted in the video, but I think it's still a good one.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Gem246 please keep in mind that DSS (Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome) is very real. After one gets accustomed to a next level larger stone, it’s easy to wish you hadn’t spent just a little more kaching for just a little more bling.

Have you tried on a 3ct in a store? Or maybe ordered a 3ct CZ from Amazon and lived with it a little? There’s a recent thread on here, where someone bought a 4 carat off of Amazon, and within a week she was fine and dandy with the new size.

I’m not pointing this out to upsell you, but since it’s a significant purchase you’re going to make once, it’s worth exploring the edges of your comfort zone/aspirational zone. @DejaWiz and @Kim N have picked out some lovely ones!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results