shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with choosing 10yr Wedding Anniversary ring for my wife

mjb2503

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First time posted, long time browser. I'm looking for photo inspiration for a rignt hand ring for my wife, for our upcoming 10 year wedding anniversary. Her E-ring is a 1.87CT round brilliant with Tiffany setting, paired with a half-eternity wedding band, 9 stone with around half a CT total weight. I'm torn with this new right hand ring, between what she mentioned in the past, which is a larger version of her wedding band (maybe a 5 stone round brilliant, 1CT total weight), or a 3 stone with round brilliant center and pair sides, whicih I'm really drawn to, maybe 1.25-1.5CT total weight.

Does anyone wear either combonation today? If so, any photos of both hands showing off either combination would be incredibly helpful. I'm really trying to make sure the new right hand ring/band compliments the existing left combination.

Thanks so much, Michael

I kinda agree with @MRBXXXFVVS1. I usually hear people resetting their solitaire into a 3-stone rather than get a 2nd one. Also, would the center of the 3-stone "compete" with the solitaire?

mjb2503

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice so far, very helpful. Any photos of E/W-Ring and RHR combinations would be great too.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the advice so far, very helpful. Any photos of E/W-Ring and RHR combinations would be great too.

Hello @mjb2503 ! I'm sharing a photo that I took a few days ago, in order to post it in another thread of mine. This is what I wear daily during the last two weeks: Three-stone diamomd engagement ring and five stone diamond wedding band on my left hand. A ruby ring with a very thin eternity band and a plain, white gold, band on my right hand! A little over the top but I like it!
I will agree with the others that a diamond three-stone ring worn on the right hand, would compete with your wife's engagement ring.
Would you consider getting her a colored-stone right hand ring? That would be amazing and it wouldn't compete at all with her wedding set!
Good luck in your pursuit of the perfect anniversary gift! Your wife is very lucky to have such a thoughtful husband!

AirBrush_20210211082740.jpg

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
An eternity band with 10 stones (marquise set east west, or rounds spaced with gold) would be beautifully symbolic.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for a 5 stone (or 10 stone if you can find one or have it made). They are very wearable as a RHR and dont compete with your E-ring.
She can also wear it as a wedding band and skip her E-ring in situations where the E-ring seems like just too much.

My avatar shows a 7 stone with 20 pointers so it covers the top of my finger. 5/7/9 stones are just so wearable IMO (casual or dressy).

Edit...not what your wife has but here is a picture of my 7 stone with one of my e-ring type rings

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_173606235.jpg
    IMG_20210218_173606235.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 54

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
A band for the right hand !

mjb2503

Rough_Rock
Hi all, thanks so much for the guidance, it's definitely sounding like the consensus is to go for a band on the right instead of the 3-stone variants. One additional question: what are your thoughts on mixing metals that are on different hands? The existing left hand rings are both white gold, but I've found a really nice yellow 5 stone band for the right that I'm considering. Does anyone have a mixed metal combo like this they could share a photo of?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results