shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CAD file review

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
Hello,
This is my first time reviewing jewellery CAD files, while these are simple projects I am not sure what to look for and I would appreciate any feedback.

Daniel M is working on these, the ring will be with a gem silica cabochon, gold bezel and argentium for the rest of the ring.
The earring studs will have 4.15mm Chivor emerald center stone, metal will be argentium and Dan also included option with yellow gold prongs. For the melee I need to decide between lab made and earth mined diamonds. thank you for your help!
Gem silica cad 2.PNG Gem silica cad.PNG

Attachments

• earrings with argentium prongs.png
    earrings with argentium prongs.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • earrings cad.PNG
    earrings cad.PNG
    771.7 KB · Views: 3
  • earrings cad 2.PNG
    earrings cad 2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • argentium earrings with gold prongs.PNG
    argentium earrings with gold prongs.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Gem silica ring.PNG
    Gem silica ring.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
The CADs look great to me! What lovely pieces you have coming!! I am a BIG gem silica fan. I hope you'll show us the finished pieces. :kiss2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're going all out with untreated (or only 1st rung treatments), I would splurge on earth-mined diamonds for heirloom earrings.

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
If you're going all out with untreated (or only 1st rung treatments), I would splurge on earth-mined diamonds for heirloom earrings.

Emeralds are from Mastercut gems, Dana’s note said Chivor from the 90ies and minor oil at most. They are not very big, 4.15mm but they glow.

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think about the yellow gold prongs for the emerald earrings? The stones have blue undertone and look better with white metal than yellow but i am intrigued by the yellow gold prongs. Here is a hand photo of the stones, they look better in real life, my photo skills are lacking. And also photo of the gem silica. IMG_8003.jpeg IMG_8002.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpeg
    IMG_8014.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 3

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
The CADs look great to me! What lovely pieces you have coming!! I am a BIG gem silica fan. I hope you'll show us the finished pieces. :kiss2:

Thank you Autumn, i will definitely post them, I really enjoy being able to share it here. I discovered gem silica here on PS and what a beautiful stone, it has depths and mystique. This one is from Inspiration mine and i got it from 49er minerals on Etsy, very nice people

What do you guys think about the yellow gold prongs for the emerald earrings? The stones have blue undertone and look better with white metal than yellow but i am intrigued by the yellow gold prongs. Here is a hand photo of the stones, they look better in real life, my photo skills are lacking. And also photo of the gem silica. IMG_8003.jpeg IMG_8002.jpeg

I am biased, as I intend to set my emerald in platinum with yellow gold prongs. I just think it's such a rich look! But you can't go wrong with an all-white look either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results