shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CAD file review

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
Hello,
This is my first time reviewing jewellery CAD files, while these are simple projects I am not sure what to look for and I would appreciate any feedback.

Daniel M is working on these, the ring will be with a gem silica cabochon, gold bezel and argentium for the rest of the ring.
The earring studs will have 4.15mm Chivor emerald center stone, metal will be argentium and Dan also included option with yellow gold prongs. For the melee I need to decide between lab made and earth mined diamonds. thank you for your help!
Gem silica cad 2.PNGGem silica cad.PNG

Attachments

• Gem silica ring.PNG
    Gem silica ring.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • argentium earrings with gold prongs.PNG
    argentium earrings with gold prongs.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • earrings cad 2.PNG
    earrings cad 2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • earrings cad.PNG
    earrings cad.PNG
    771.7 KB · Views: 6
  • earrings with argentium prongs.png
    earrings with argentium prongs.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
The CADs look great to me! What lovely pieces you have coming!! I am a BIG gem silica fan. I hope you'll show us the finished pieces. :kiss2:

If you're going all out with untreated (or only 1st rung treatments), I would splurge on earth-mined diamonds for heirloom earrings.

If you're going all out with untreated (or only 1st rung treatments), I would splurge on earth-mined diamonds for heirloom earrings.

Emeralds are from Mastercut gems, Dana’s note said Chivor from the 90ies and minor oil at most. They are not very big, 4.15mm but they glow.

What do you guys think about the yellow gold prongs for the emerald earrings? The stones have blue undertone and look better with white metal than yellow but i am intrigued by the yellow gold prongs. Here is a hand photo of the stones, they look better in real life, my photo skills are lacking. And also photo of the gem silica.IMG_8003.jpegIMG_8002.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpeg
    IMG_8014.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 7
The CADs look great to me! What lovely pieces you have coming!! I am a BIG gem silica fan. I hope you'll show us the finished pieces. :kiss2:

Thank you Autumn, i will definitely post them, I really enjoy being able to share it here. I discovered gem silica here on PS and what a beautiful stone, it has depths and mystique. This one is from Inspiration mine and i got it from 49er minerals on Etsy, very nice people

What do you guys think about the yellow gold prongs for the emerald earrings? The stones have blue undertone and look better with white metal than yellow but i am intrigued by the yellow gold prongs. Here is a hand photo of the stones, they look better in real life, my photo skills are lacking. And also photo of the gem silica.IMG_8003.jpegIMG_8002.jpeg

I am biased, as I intend to set my emerald in platinum with yellow gold prongs. I just think it's such a rich look! But you can't go wrong with an all-white look either.

After a bit of a wait here are the finished pieces.The emeralds glow, even though not big they bave good presence. I went with the yellow gold prongs and very happy with that decision. The gem silica is moody, like a pool of water in the sun to more closed of look in lower light.

Attachments

• IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8963.jpeg
    IMG_8963.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8986.jpeg
    IMG_8986.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8972.jpeg
    IMG_8972.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 15
After a bit of a wait here are the finished pieces.The emeralds glow, even though not big they bave good presence. I went with the yellow gold prongs and very happy with that decision. The gem silica is moody, like a pool of water in the sun to more closed of look in lower light.

These turned out so fabulously!! Earrings are the perfect size for your lobe. And does it get any better than gem silica? It's like paraiba color on steroids, but without the clarity issues. So it has that wonderful gelatinous translucency. Congrats on your new pretties!!

These turned out so fabulously!! Earrings are the perfect size for your lobe. And does it get any better than gem silica? It's like paraiba color on steroids, but without the clarity issues. So it has that wonderful gelatinous translucency. Congrats on your new pretties!!

Thank you Autumn, you are so right about the size of the earrings, it is like the goldilocks of stud earrings. Now onto figuring out how to set barbie pink spinel from DesertRose.

Thank you Autumn, you are so right about the size of the earrings, it is like the goldilocks of stud earrings. Now onto figuring out how to set barbie pink spinel from DesertRose.

Have you shared the pink spinel yet? :appl:

Those earrings came out stunning!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics