shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with buying a princess diamond budget $4000-$5000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmurphy342

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

Great site. I am a newbie and will be getting engaged in July. I am in search of a 1ct princess cut diamond with a 4 prong platinum setting. Can someone guide me in the right direction. My price range can go up to $5000.00 I want to find the best 1 carat for the money, but not to good with determining what is the best diamond. Thanks for any help!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
David Atlas has created a Princess Cut Proportions Chart that is a pretty good place to start... The best princess cuts that we've seen have a pretty high crown height on them compared to the average princess cut diamond that you're likely to find in the open market... Study the charts prepared by David Atlas and then run a specific search here on Price Scope for diamonds that fall into that range... If you don't find what you're looking for over the next few weeks, you can contact us privately - we've recently contracted with one of our suppliers for a rather specific production of princess cut diamonds but it is unlikely that the production will be completed by the time you need a stone...

barry

Shiny_Rock
Keep in mind that Princess Cuts and fancy shapes
in general are difficult to assess purely on the
"numbers". Two Princess cuts with identical specs
can differ significantly in their light output
and degree of light leakage. There are a variety
of Table/Crown/Pavillion combinations that will result
in a beautiful Princess. Tools that measure
light output and light leakage such as the BrillianceScope
and ImageScope can be of great assistance in the
evaluation of this shape.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I forgot that Barry produces some pretty nice princess cut diamonds! You should check them out!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto! Barry's princesses are extremely beautiful!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results