shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with bookmark favors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I need some guidance/opinions.

I am throwing a shower for my sister that will be a Mad Hatter Tea party. On of the favors will be an individually wrapped tea bag that says "Take Me" on it (In keeping with the "drink me, eat me" theme). But I wanted the other favor to be slightly nice/useful (but inexpensive).

I thought a bookmark would be perfect because Alice and Wonderland is a book, and my sister loves reading and actaully uses random objects as bookmarks.

What do you think of these? Has anyone given or received one like this before? Does it actually look like it would be functional?

The other question I had was if anyone better with wording could tell me what I should write to go with the bookmark. I was thinking of something about "X and Y starting a new chapter in their lives." Anyone want to take a stab at that? I tried to find a quote about reading from the book, but couldn't find a good one. I wanted take them out of the box and attach it to a piece of paper with some sort of explanation written on it. Or should I leave them in the box?

CI3541mia.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I love these! I can''t comment on their utility, but I am always using random things like receipts and business cards for bookmarks, and would love to receive a pretty one like this! I do think you should take them out of the box and attach them to little cards or tie little cards to them.

I like your idea for the caption, or you might try:

"...and X and Y lived happily ever after." (sort of a "story" theme? I know Alice in Wonderland isn''t a fairy tale really....maybe that makes no sense!)

"Thank you for sharing the joy of this new chapter in the lives of X and Y."

"X and Y''s story is just beginning: Thank you for playing a part!"

Hmmm, I''ll keep thinking....

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thanks LeeNY! Any of those captions are perfect ideas. Thanks so much for your help!

I just worry that the bookmarks are too heavy for a standard size book. Maybe I should see if I could order one and see....

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think those are adorable!! I agree that you should take them out of the boxes and tie a little card on them or something. I can''t think of anything cute to write on the cards, but I''ll keep thinking!

And for what it''s worth, I don''t think they would be too heavy or anything for a regular book.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...to be absolutely honest, I have used something like that but smaller in size, and I found them too bulky to use regularly. Definitely super cute, but it ended up lying on my desk most of the time. And mind you, I''m an avid reader...I pick up at least 2-3 books per week.

How about printing you own custom bookmarks? Something like these. I think they''re around 11$ for 25.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results