shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Beach Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ActionJack

Rough_Rock
I am planning on proposing on the beach next week and here''s the scenario:

It will be night time. I need a good way to hide the ring box. I think it''s much nicer to propose with the ring in the box (plus the ring box I have is really nice) but the problem is its also large (it''s a square box).

One idea I''ve had is to bring a coat (the excuse being it gets chilly on the beach) and put it in the pocket of the coat. I''m just afraid somehow she''ll find it or feel it.

Anyone have ideas?

--Craig

phawk

Rough_Rock
She will be in awe when you propose that she won''t even notice the box!! :) However, if you really want to propose with the ring box, make sure you put it in a deep pocket of your coat. You can crumble up some tissue and stuff it in there.. that way, if she does notice something in the pocket and asks you what it is, you can say it''s just tissue and pull some out to show her.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
That's a tough one, Craig. I've been checking my bf's pockets for the past week so there's a definite possibility your gf might discover the ring in a coat pocket.

I think that's really sweet & considerate to bring a jacket in case she gets cold on the beach, but naturally she'll want to wear it later & might well feel a large box in the pockets.

What are your plans before going to the beach? If you're going to dinner beforehand, would it be suspicious to bring some of your food home in a doggie bag? If not, you could transfer the ring from the coat to the doggie bag, which she will surely not want to carry. (I know, it's not really gallant--I'll try to think of a better option!
2.gif
)

Good luck & let us know what you decide!

ETA: good idea, phawk about putting other things in the pocket. Maybe you could put lots of objects in there (including square or pointy ones) to throw her off?

ActionJack

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the pointers -- maybe i''ll throw a rubik''s cube or two in my jacket pockets! haha jk

We are going to dinner beforehand, but driving to the beach afterwards, so carrying the leftover food onto the beach wouldn''t work.

Also - it won''t be a heavy coat with deep pockets. After all-- it''s still July! :)

Let me know if you come up with anything else!

Craig

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I was literally laughing out loud at your rubix''s cube comment! Exactly how big is this ring box?
23.gif

I''m such a New Yorker--I''d forgotten that you might drive to the beach.
20.gif

I don''t suppose you''d consider investing in a pair of cargo pants...they have lots of storage options...
9.gif
(too casual for the occasion?)

ActionJack

Rough_Rock
The ring box is pretty darn big. Something like 2 1/2" cube.

The cargo pants thing would work -- i just wouldn''t be caught dead in cargo pants. haha these are good ideas though -- keep em coming. I''m thinking more along the lines of A) making her wear a jacket so she won''t ask for mine and b) carrying my jacket with the ring in the pocket, but not wearing it.

craig

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
My fiance proposed on our boat and hid the ring box in his (cargo) shorts all day long.

You could bring a beach bag and have the box well hidden inside, but that could be risky...normally the girl carries the beach bag
1.gif

Whatever you decide, I think keeping it on you is the safest idea.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I agree, it''s definitely best to keep the ring on you!

The beach bag could work, but very risky as your gf would likely need something inside it. (Also, would you bring a beach bag to the beach at night?)

I think your idea about her jacket might be the best one--either insist that she bring a jacket of her own as it''ll likely be cold on the water (if you don''t, she''ll definitely want to borrow yours!) or bring one for her. If done well, it''ll just look considerate, not suspicious.
2.gif
You could always carry your jacket as well, but not wear it.

My bf wouldn''t be caught dead in cargo pants either!
20.gif

How soon are you popping the question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results