shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with asscher side stone setting

BabyOwen

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have a 2.4ct RBC on its way from B2C Jewels. I just need a setting! I found this setting from bluenile: http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/asscher-cut-engagement-ring-platinum_48506?elem=img&track=product but I would like shared prongs and for the asscher side stones to go further down the band. Am I going to have to go custom? It seems like a great price, especially for platinum

Any ideas on similar settings? Extra points for shared prong asscher settings!

Thank you, PS! Lurking here has helped me so much already!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like they are shared prongs to me. Yes, if you want further down then you most likely will have to go custom.

Edit...are you the guy or girl?

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
The blue nile link didn't work for me. It brings me to the front page.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
clearfading|1462553655|4028148 said:
The blue nile link didn't work for me. It brings me to the front page.

You have to cut and paste it...BN is kind of a pain.

BabyOwen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response!

Maybe I used "shared prong" in the wrong way. I thought shared prong was the same as french set? I love this band: http://www.bluenile.com/asscher-diamond-eternity-platinum_45903 . It looks less "knobby" to me than the setting I posted earlier. Would this band look ok with the setting I posted? I wish they had a French pave setting to match this band. But that would be too easy! :twirl:

BabyOwen

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1462553222|4028144 said:
They look like they are shared prongs to me. Yes, if you want further down then you most likely will have to go custom.

Edit...are you the guy or girl?

I am the girl. We are doing this together. He loves the asscher side stones (so do I), but I can't find many options at all! Tacori has some, but they're pretty pricey! We'd like to stay under $5k for the setting if possible.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that eternity is an example of french set then they are different. Shared prong means they use the same prong to hold in 2
stones (prong in between the 2 stones). That ering only has 3 stones on each side so you really only see "shared" on the middle
stone.

You could ask them if they can do french pave type prongs on that ering to match the eternity band.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting. Please post update here. Looking forward to it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results