shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Asscher cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklegirl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new to this and need some help. I''m not sure if this may be a good one or not.

Asscher
1.50 ct
vs2
depth-70%
table-62%
polish-VG
SYM- GD
cutlet-no
6.46 x 6.09 x 4.26

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
You can find better.
The stone is a little out of square and very slightly deep.
The polish and the symettry could be better too.
You forgot to tell us the color.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure so. This stone should better be more "sqare" than that. And 70% is actually right my acceptance limit for depth. Given the 1X1 LxW rati, you could use the AGA charts for emerald cuts to select your stone. While those measurements are not carved in stone, they make good guidance for what most people (and professionals) would consider a nice looking stone. For example, the relatively small table (and perhaps high crown) in yours should make it rather more attractive than a stone with 75% table or so... If you start hunting again, such "charts" are at least good for pointing out what caracteristics make a difference for the appearence of the stone. Just my view, of course.

festivities

Rough_Rock
When I was looking for my "Asscher" cut which is really a square step emerald, I went to AGA and did the calculations on the stone I eventually purchased. A few days later, a post from David Atlas (I think that's his name...) said his calculator does not work for square steps and such a calculator does not yet exist.

Maybe David can advise us on this? I would love to be able to use a chart such as his, or have an expert in SS advise me on how mine matches up.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results