shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ASET image

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am waiting for an Ideal Scope image from James Allen on this stone. The AGS report shows the ASET image. I THINK the ASET looks ok, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping the IS image looks good. I will post it when I receive it, hopefully later today. The stone is AGS0, scores a 1.0 on the HCA, and a 1B on the AGA, maybe due to the slightly shallow crown. Am I wrong to assume the IS image will turn out ok since the AGS report says it has ideal light performance?

Thanks!

agscertificate.jpg

spicyitalian

Rough_Rock
I don't think you will be wrong. The IS should look OK.

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
Thanks spicyitalian. I'm crossing my fingers that the IdealScope looks good. I have another diamond (True Hearts) on hold just in case. Part of me thinks I should just get that one. It's a tad smaller at 1.53 and $1000 more. I'm just not sure if it is worth it. I'm kind of torn at this point.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is probably fine. I don't worry too much about ideal cut stones, but it is always good to get the IS just in case. I don't pay too much attention to the ASET on the AGS report because it is computer generated and not a real ASET photo of the stone.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did they get the other one back ok? Now we're just waiting on the images for this right--is this the same one we discussed or a different one?

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
Hey ame. JA received the stone I returned. The IS I am waiting for is the one we discussed. I put the H&A on hold just in case, although part of me thinks we should just get that one. I looked into holding the 1.6 you sent me, but that one is already on hold or sold. We don't really care about the $1000 difference IF it is worth it. I'm just not sure.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoubieLove|1392402589|3615301 said:
Hey ame. JA received the stone I returned. The IS I am waiting for is the one we discussed. I put the H&A on hold just in case, although part of me thinks we should just get that one. I looked into holding the 1.6 you sent me, but that one is already on hold or sold. We don't really care about the $1000 difference IF it is worth it. I'm just not sure.
Well damn. Hopefully the photos get to you soon though it's Friday, and it just snowed like all getout there, so you might not get them today. I am glad that you held it though, because that way you have it set aside just in case.

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
That was what I was afraid of. I called JA and they confirmed it would be Monday or Tuesday before the images were available. In the meantime, I went to a Tacori trunk show and fell in love with a $5000 setting. I'm REALLY hoping this diamond looks good as we are now at $18k total and I don't want to ask my boyfriend to spend more on a diamond!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoubieLove|1392413943|3615427 said:
That was what I was afraid of. I called JA and they confirmed it would be Monday or Tuesday before the images were available. In the meantime, I went to a Tacori trunk show and fell in love with a $5000 setting. I'm REALLY hoping this diamond looks good as we are now at $18k total and I don't want to ask my boyfriend to spend more on a diamond!
Dayum. That's a LOT for a setting.

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
Dayum. That's a LOT for a setting.[/quote]

Agreed! But my boyfriend knows that I have always loved Tacori. He is my dream guy and he wants to give me my dream ring and his financial situation allows him to do so. He ordered the setting today. I am actually going to pick up my free Tacori earrings this afternoon :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results