shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Appriasal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Orangehornet

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I recently purchased a round diamond from an online dealer with the following specs:

Color: F
Clarity: VV2
Carat: 1.41
Depth: 61.2
Table: 56
polish: ex
symetry: ex
flour: faint
girdle: med
culet: x

I paid $11.6. A local retailer appraised it for $10K. I am sending it to an independant 3rd party, but would love comments from knowledgable observors.

Thanks!

dryice

Rough_Rock
seems like you paid a reasonable price. But you need to provide the crown and pavilion angles in order for the experts on this forum to give you their appraisals. How does the inclusion plot look on the certificate. And, does the diamond have a GIA or AGS certificate?

Orangehornet

Rough_Rock
It was GIA certified. I don't think I have the crown or pavillion.

dryice

Rough_Rock
Hmm... that might make this tough. Did your appraiser give you a report? Is he/she a gemologist?

Also, for clarity, I assume you meant "VVS2". You typed in "VV2".

Orangehornet

Rough_Rock
Dryice,

Yes, they gave me a report that basically verified what was on the GIA cert. I don't think he measured the crown and pavillion

Volred,

I used pricescope as well and checked most of those sources- I think it is nonetheless reasonable to ask for verificatio, after recieving such a low appraisal.

dryice

Rough_Rock
okay now, if instead of VVS2, it was VS2 then the price should be more like $9K, unless you got a brand name H&A.

dryice

Rough_Rock
click on the "appraisers" link at the top of this page, find your state, and use one of the listed appraisers and get your stone re-appraised.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a low-ball appraisal from the local retailer. Probably a sour grapes situation, which is why it's always a good idea to use an independent appraiser as opposed to one with a possible inherent bias.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results