shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with an OEC eBay purchase.

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I am hoping to elicit some help from some of you saavy eBay buyers with diamond-buying experience.

I am looking for an Old European Cut diamond 2+ carats and I am interested in finding a deal on eBay. The stone does not have to be cert'ed, but I would like the clarity to be VS2 or higher, and a K color or higher. My budget is 10K and below.

Can anyone offer some advice or suggest some listings to take a look at?

Thanks for your help! :twirl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would not risk 10K on ebay :-o There may be deals but too many times items are falsely represented and it's not easy recouping your money. If you are wanting an OEC I'd check with Jewels by Erica grace. You might also look at the August Vintage round stones that Goodoldgold offers. just my .02

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I'm an avid ebayer and look out for old cuts daily, I have noticed a big hike in prices lately for old cuts and it might be hard to find something within your budget and specs these days. It seems more people are buying old cuts and are paying higher prices for them, sellers are savvy to this and are pricing accordingly. I know a number of PSers have gotten some great deals on larger old cuts on ebay in the past, but it's changed significantly lately.
On ebay, tulsaestatejewelry has a 2ct OEC (listed as 2.51 tcw as it's in a ring with additional stones) uncerted VS2 I - in "their" opinion, so possibly within your specs but above your budget @$11,999. They have a 3 day return policy, not much, but enough to get it appraised, still, I'd be healthily cautious when it comes to spending $10,000+ on ebay from a private seller.
I bought my OEC through JbEG and I'm really happy with their service, I'd definitely recommend them.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I checked out Old World Diamonds and the closest they have is a 2.06 OEC L VS2 (item # OWA26047) and it's over $12,000 also. I think you might need to reconsider your budget or your specs if you're wanting and OEC 2+cts, even in lower grades they are coming up more than $10K for that size.
Jewels by Erica Grace (JbEG) has some great offerings right now, but again, you'd need to compromise somewhere. I'd drop JbEG a line and see what they can do for you, if they can find/or have something with a larger spread so you can get close to the 2ct size in mm whilst keeping close to your other specs maybe?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the above poster. Actually, on ebay now, the private sellers are asking top dollar for their diamonds, and old cuts have certainly caught up with the modern ones. I also checked Old World Diamonds, but for a 2 carat vs K Old European Cut, prices were over $10,000. You would have to go down in carat weight or lower in color to meet your budget. If you are willing to go under 2 carats, JBEG has some beautiful choices.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
14 months ago, I bought my stone 2.24 L VS2 OEC (sold as M and recut to 2.06) off ebay for $4500. That would be a very very rare find today. The prices seem to be close to retail now, so you might as well go that route. There is also a shortage of near colorless stones. It used to be I'd find a few stones a week that were incredible deals, though of course I couldn't buy/win them all. Today I'm outbid on everything.

These are sellers i would check
Dover jewelry (online and ebay)
SFLmaven
Nikkiknowsgoodstuff
designerjewelryinvestments

I may have spelled these wrong but I bet google will find them.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1309543002|2960048 said:
14 months ago, I bought my stone 2.24 L VS2 OEC (sold as M and recut to 2.06) off ebay for $4500. That would be a very very rare find today. The prices seem to be close to retail now, so you might as well go that route. There is also a shortage of near colorless stones. It used to be I'd find a few stones a week that were incredible deals, though of course I couldn't buy/win them all. Today I'm outbid on everything.

SFLmaven
Nikkiknowsgoodstuff

You got a great stone out of that deal, the recut produced one stunning stone! I'd say that kind of deal would be near impossible to get on ebay today, they simply do not go for that kind of price for that size, the market has changed dramatically for old cuts - great score on your part!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1309543002|2960048 said:

SFLmaven
Nikkiknowsgoodstuff

;( I always get in the game too late!! Good for you though! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results