shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with an H&A choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lynn01

Rough_Rock
I am getting quite confused with all the branded/non branded H&A's (8*, etc) vs conventional ideal cut diamonds.

Would like some advice on a diamond I've spotted.

1.28 carat
VVS-2 D,GIA 0XX,
Depth 59.5
Table Diam 57
Crown Angle 34.0
Pavilion Depth 42.4

Apparently it's an H&A and scores well on the HCA ( 0.5). Looks like a great diamond, priced about $12,300. Just want to check if I should be looking at a branded H&A or something else for that sort of budget.

Help appreciated-many thanks.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

and the article by 8*'s president on the home page here: Revolution in Diamond Cutting.

As far as branded hearts and arrows diamonds go, each manufacturer has his or her own idea about what makes his/her diamond better. There is also an article on pricescope about hearts and arrows diamonds and what to look for in a true one.

This is all a matter of personal taste and priorities. The best thing to do is to find a retailer near you that stocks branded diamonds and well-cut non-branded diamonds. Try to see them outside in natural lighting and in dim lighting (definitely outside of jeweler spot lighting) and see what appeals to you.[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results