shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with an e-ring setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
Right now I''m still in the process of buying a gem. It''s going to be an oval concave brilliant cut blue sapphire by Richard Homer. I''ll be getting pictures and comments to compare, but the four I''m looking at range in size from 7.2mm x 5.5mm to the largest at 8.2mm x 6.6mm. My fiance is leaning towards the 8.2 x 6.6mm.

My problem at the moment isn''t the stone, but rather the setting. I''ve been looking for something simple because I really want all the attention to be on the stone. I don''t want yellow gold for this particular ring. I have found some settings I like but it has been like climbing everest... I can see my goal clearly, but getting there is no cake walk.

If anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Kara

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
I like this setting, very simple

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
no picture.
39.gif

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
there will be some pictures soon... I keep on having problems and my dail-up internet doesn''t help much

sorry!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, we will be looking forward to them.
36.gif

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
I hope this one works.... I had a really hard time with the picture of another setting so I''ll try a link for that one (if I can find where I saw it in the first place)

this is a picture (hopefully) of a ring I recently tried on. It''s an 8mm x 6mm ceylon sapphire, 3 diamonds on each side, 18K white gold. What I like about it is that the diamonds are minimal but add just that little bit of sparkle, I like the band width a lot, it was very comfortable

karafirstring.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really pretty. A little sparkle and the stone is the focus. Is this the setting you would like to have?

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
this a pic from farther away, just to show the scale on my finger. sorry its so blurry, the camera is old and dying but it was the only one I had at the time

karafirstring3.JPG

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
i do really love that setting, but I can''t find a band that I would like to go with it. I thought that a band that had something like a criss-cross would fit up nicely to the oval stone, but so far I have had absolutely no luck in finding one, let alone one I like.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful on your hand. Have you looked at Whiteflash? They have quite a few bands on their site. If you don''t care for the ones they have, they can custom make one for you.

www.whiteflash.com

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
This is the picture I originally tried to download. I sent this to Wink Jones and Richard Homer and they''ve been helping me find gems that would work with a setting like this.

I just love how dainty the bands are alone, and together they have a nice size. The placeholder e-ring I have right now is thin like that and would look nice with the band when I can''t wear my other e-ring (I''m in medical so a flat band is a must, at least for the placeholder)

I can''t figure out where I saw this setting though, if anyone can find something similar or any other suggestions that would be great! I have been searching all day and can''t find it...
8.gif

karalikesband.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
This setting looks like it came from The Natural Sapphire Company, is that where you saw it?

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
you were absolutely right Linda! Thank you!

... I have yet to find a setting like the one I tried on, but as long as I have a picture and a good jeweler I know I''ll get something close if not better.

thank you so much!
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad I could help. I have a lot of rings from them, I swear I know their settings by heart HA!!!

I bet your ring will be gorgeous and I can''t wait to see it finished.

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you both so much! You''ve been very helpful!

I can''t wait to post pictures of the finished ring!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results