shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a T & Co ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Hi I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a source for researching a Tiffany & Co pieces?

I have contacted them directly and they said that their pieces are manufactured in so many places that its tough to get information for a piece without any paperwork to accompany it(I''m thinking more unwilling to help than anything)!

So, I was just checking to see if anyone knows of a data base to check?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking for a certain style, or for more info on a particular piece?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I am actually looking for more info on a particular piece, I am not sure what the style would even be honestly-it''s an estate piece.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Does it have any marks besides the T&Co mark? Do you not have any documents? That's a tough one. Maybe and estate dealer can give you an idea of the age, but not the provenance.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks mercoledi!

It is also marked 471 inside one of the links. No paperwork at this point, the estate dealer is looking for some at this point.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
If the piece is marked, Tiffany will evaluated the item for $200 and give it appraisal (if it turns out to be authentic). This goes for estate items too.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks UCLABelle!

I will have to go and ask again about them taking a look at the ring, it is funny no one at Tiffany mentioned the ability to appraise and date a marked piece! I must have spoken to someone having a bad day!!!

Their mark, is similar to the letter style they used in the 1940's, that's all I've found out so far. From info I've heard from the estate jeweler, this is probably an accurate date range for the piece.

The number 471 engraved into the underside of one link, still interests me though!

It is 18kt and Plat, approx. 1.0ctw

Tiffany&CO ring.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to add that it''s flexible/expandable from size 7.5 to 9.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That''s really interesting. I wonder if it''s not a ring, but a pearl enhancer or something. What a cool piece.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
It is an unusual piece :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results