shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a possible upgrade

Nz310

Rough_Rock
Hi, I currently have a 1.82 ct round diamond. E color. Vs1. 7.87x7.89 mm. I haven’t been completely satisfied with the size though. I am finally having it set soon (currently have a simple Tiffany style setting) and have been thinking that maybe before splurging on the setting I should look at other stones. The one I have found is a G VS2 2.2 ct 8.4mm. It is eye clean from all sides.
the cuts of both diamonds are equivalent in that they are both well cut and i don’t have any concerns there.
Should I consider this upgrade if size is important or will I be disappointed in the color change? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a good question you have to ask yourself. I’m not as color sensitive as some ppl are. I love G stones and the brightness they give off. But that’s me, I can even go lower- others can’t. Can you see it in person? Or purchase it and return it if you are not happy with the color?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, a G is safe in terms of whiteness. I can see tint in my G asscher but only sometimes (like cloudy says) and it’s a step cut.

You have to decide for yourself how you like a G.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Only you can decide what colour stone you will be happy with. Can you go and look at some well cut G’s?

I used to have an Ideal AGS E, now I have a CBI J and it is a beauty. Well cut stones can hide a lot of body colour (settings too).

If size is your goal, perhaps look at other colour options to see what you can happily live with to attain the size you are wanting.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should I consider this upgrade if size is important or will I be disappointed in the color change? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

This really, really depends on your personal tastes. I am fine with I/J - while I can see that other colors are whiter, it doesn't bother me, and by the time I get to D/E/F colors I find they look cold and unfriendly so I actually prefer a teensy bit of warmth. But some people are really, really bothered by anything below D/E/F. For ME, the size/color tradeoff would absolutely be worth it.

Is it at all possible for you to order it to see next to your current stone?

Nz310

Rough_Rock
Hi I just wanted to say thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I went ahead and upgraded and am very happy with the size difference. I think it is more important to me than the color especially because the G is almost colorless.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats nz! Please share pictures if you like. We’d love to reap the visual rewards of your upgrade!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results