shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a Pear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ashleyvictoria

Rough_Rock
I don''t know very much about diamonds, so I apologize if my questions seem very basic.....

First, is it possible to reshape a diamond? My future mother-in-law is giving my boyfriend her pear-shaped diamond to have reset into an engagement ring for me. The problem is that I am not very fond of pear shaped diamonds. Is it possible to recut or reshape a pear into a round or other shape (anything other than marquise)? I know nothing about the size or quality of the diamond at this point.

Also, what kinds of settings look good with pear diamonds? I am struggling to find anything that I think looks good with a pear shape.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 9:38:35 PM
Author:ashleyvictoria
I don't know very much about diamonds, so I apologize if my questions seem very basic.....

First, is it possible to reshape a diamond? My future mother-in-law is giving my boyfriend her pear-shaped diamond to have reset into an engagement ring for me. The problem is that I am not very fond of pear shaped diamonds. Is it possible to recut or reshape a pear into a round or other shape (anything other than marquise)? I know nothing about the size or quality of the diamond at this point.

Also, what kinds of settings look good with pear diamonds? I am struggling to find anything that I think looks good with a pear shape.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to PS!

Theoretically yes it is possible to have a diamond recut, from a pear to a round though might not be possible and you could lose a great deal of weight in the process if it was and end up with a much smaller diamond. It is a very generous gesture of your FMIL but can you broach the subject with your BF and tell him as this is the most important piece of jewellery you will ever own, that you would love to pick out your own round diamond? Pears aren't for everyone so I do understand your dilemma.

www.brianthecutter.com If you do want to find out more about having this diamond recut, contact the gentleman from the website on the left - Brian Gavin. He will be able to advise you further.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results