shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a moi et toi in mossy and lab emerald

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking of creating a moi et toi with a Distinctive Gem heritage cushion cut and a lab emerald. Who would you recommend for the lab emerald? Does the lab rough come in different shades of green, can I specify a shade? And if the mossy is an OMC what shape of emerald should I get?

This is my insp setting. I'm in two minds about just buying this ring but then I won't get the petals of the OMC and that is the main reason for doing this. A solitaire isn't my style and I love colour so a moi et toi seems to tick all boxes.

Screenshot_20210307-184738.png

Lastly, what size of stones? I wear my gran's art deco wedding ring (it's engraved/ hexagonal, maybe 1.5mm wide) on a 4.5 finger so don't have that much space to play with. All input welcome!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
late to respond, but maybe Finewater Gems? I had a lab ruby custom-cut that turned out beautifully.

For shape... do you want them to match or have some variety? An OMC and a pear could look cool.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking I would want them to match (I like symmetry) but then got a bit worried that the shape of the emerald might be too clinical. The pear is an interesting thought, not one I had considered before and I did see a brown/pink pear zircon (online) the other day. More thoughts to add to the pot :)

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s so personal. I love a moi et toi when the stones are a match of shape/cut but when they are very different instead I think it can be very striking. I’m excited for your project!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came by to say that I love that inspo ring, it has the perfect swoop of the shank and tilt of the diamonds. How are you getting on finding the stones?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
hi @Snowdrop13, I'm pretty sure I'll get the moissy from distinctive gem, I like the idea of an old cut but with optimum light performance.

I'm not sure about the the second stone and whether emerald (green) or cushion cut is the way to go, though I did see this, although I would prefer without the shoulder stones and I'd prefer the angle tilted more towards the horizontal.
1617562746650.png

But then I also came across this and like the swoop and the accent stones but would want them to be coloured but no idea where I would get them.
1617562497964.png

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @123ducklings, will do.

How do I know how the colour will turn out? Are all lab emeralds the same shade of green?

I'm not sure how to describe the shade of green that I prefer. Out of all the emeralds below, there are only two that I would choose, colourwise.

1617564553375.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results