shape
carat
color
clarity

help with a engagement ring!!!! please....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wantstolearn

Rough_Rock
Ok the thing is my roommate/bestfriend just got a ring from her boyfriend and i was looking at it and it had a gray tone with black specks in it?!?! is that normal, is it real? he says its 1k and she spent $3000 does that sound right? pluse he said he got insurance on it how does that work...don''t you have to have a serial number on the ring?? i was just wondering it seems a lil weird to me any help would be very very appreciated.

Thank you!!

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Sounds like quartz...

Some people who simply want "1 carat", no matter what, WILL get a one carat stone at the sacrifice of all of the other parameters... mostly this is a sacrifice in the most important one: the Cut, which explains the dull grey pallor of the stone in question.

ALso, if you can see black specks, it means the stone has visible inclusions (I1-I2 clarity grade), which really shouldn't be used in fine jewellery.

For 3K USD, a little knowledge, and some leg work, a smaller, better cut and more beautiful stone could be easily be had.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the troublemaker in me suspects this MUST be the roommate of SANDWICH's girlfriend!!!!!!!
Up_to_something.gif

That 1 carat with a gray pallor and black specks sounds about right, doncha think, Richard? If it is him, he obviously found a way to get the price down from $3999, eh?
11.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
1 carat for $3K? Sounds about right for a, uh, less than attractive stone. And, from the way you described it, it certainly sounds less than attractive!

AmPm

Rough_Rock
One carat diamond for $3000, sounds like it's a low quality stone (sorry to say) which would explain the black specks as eye visible inclusions (low clarity grade). Did the stone come with any gradings? All girls want the perfect 1 carat diamond, most people have a budget to meet when making such a special purchase, some people settle for slightly under 1 carat with better gradings. How does she feel about the stone?

wantstolearn

Rough_Rock
Oh she likes the ring as far as i know she prolly wouldn't tell me if she didn't cause i hate her boyfriend
angryfire.gif
....and he has a history of lying that's why i was wondering about the stone. I guess if shes happy thats all that matters i was just curious and i like to know what he's up to. Thanks for all your help any more would be great.....does anyone know anything about the insurance???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results