shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a diamond for my Nephew

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

Well, my totally clueless (as far as diamonds go) Nephew needs Auntie''s help in picking out a nice diamond for his intended
love.gif
. I found a really cool little diamond for him, .80 ct, G color, VS2 clarity, 59.7 depth, 57.5 table, 34.2 crown angle, 40.5 pav angle (per Sarin). It has a thin girdle instead of a medium. So...how does that affect it''s performance on the HCA, since that is geared towards a medium girdle? Garry? Anyone else know? I sure hope he goes for it, since it is such a nice price. Thanks in advance for any input!
10.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
There won't be any noticeable optical difference between a stone with a thin girdle or a medium girdle, and these proportions.

With the proportions listed, this should be a VERY nicely performing stone.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Rich for the response. I just know that he is so not into spending money for a diamond, and he will probably procrastinate so much that it will be gone by the time he decides! The price is very good in my opinion, under $2500.
10.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Super price, if the grading is correct.

Be sure and make the purchase contingent upon the diamond appraising out to your satisfaction, and you can't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results