shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 2 different clarity of rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RBCD

Rough_Rock
I have narrowed my search down to 2 different rings, but need some help/advice to finalize my decision. Both are similar price.

1. Round 1.71ct G SI1 Ideal cut-3x excellent; the inclusion is a black spot in the center of the diamond but can only be seen under a loupe looking face up or with the naked eye from side view or upside down.

2. Round 1.62ct G SI1 Ideal cut-3x excellent; the inclusion is a longer white inclusion than the diamond above with a black inclusion

What I need help with is this:
Should I buy a ring with a black inclusion or wait to find one with a white inclusion that is less noticeable even if the inclusion might be a bit bigger?
I have compared a f color to a g color and can''t tell the difference, only in price. Is a G still a great color to get?

I guess I might just be worrying too much about the black inclusion diamond because i can see it from the upside down view. Your help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 4:27:35 PM
Author:RBCD
I have narrowed my search down to 2 different rings, but need some help/advice to finalize my decision. Both are similar price.

1. Round 1.71ct G SI1 Ideal cut-3x excellent; the inclusion is a black spot in the center of the diamond but can only be seen under a loupe looking face up or with the naked eye from side view or upside down.

2. Round 1.62ct G SI1 Ideal cut-3x excellent; the inclusion is a longer white inclusion than the diamond above with a black inclusion

What I need help with is this:
Should I buy a ring with a black inclusion or wait to find one with a white inclusion that is less noticeable even if the inclusion might be a bit bigger?
I have compared a f color to a g color and can't tell the difference, only in price. Is a G still a great color to get?

I guess I might just be worrying too much about the black inclusion diamond because i can see it from the upside down view. Your help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi RB

What I would suggest to help narrow it down is to post the details on each diamond here, then we can help you determine which is the best cut, this might make the decision much easier. This is the info we need.

depth%
table%
crown and pavilion angles
polish and symmetry I assume are ex
diameter measurement
girdle thickness
star and lower girdle facet percentages

Then we can go from there. G is a great colour yes, no worries there. As to the inclusion SI clarity grades are not created equal, however there is a chance you will see something if not from the top view from the side, if this worries you then maybe VS or higher might be the best choice.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what Lorelei said, and also let us know if your future fiancee (I am assuming you are buying this for someone else) has any preferences about clarity. Have you discussed this? Has she said anything to you about seeing flaws in diamonds while you''ve been out shopping? Some people are more sensitive about the placement and type of flaws than are other people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results