shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 1ct round engagement. ring

sixpence

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I've been shopping for round engagement ring, and wasn't impressed by the triple excellent stones they showed me in the store and somehow ended up here. Hopefully the super ideal cut is the missing piece. Please help me choose a stone. Looking for something around 1 ct, I , VS2, with a budget including the ring under 9k before taxes. Looking at JA true hearts, WF ACA, and some on good old gold, anywhere else I should be looking? "Sacrifice" on color or clarity to meet my budget? Thank you all!

Here are a few I've found so far:

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Hey sixpence ! What a exciting time ! So happy you’re here. White flash definitely has some top notch stones that I’m sure you’d be thrilled with. I’m sure Kim and dejawiz will be along shortly to help you out :) 9 is a nice budget. Do you know what kind of setting you’re after? Once you know how much you’re putting towards the setting, picking out the stone will be easier. I’m so excited for you !

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask if those inclusions on the G are visible at any distance (up close).

I would be interested in that Super Ideal G.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This G looks incredibly clean under the table.

You can eke out a bit more size with one of these I stones.

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
If you think you will ever upgrade (down the road) chose the supplier carefully; some of the upgrade policies are pretty darn expensive; other are really wonderful.

sixpence

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I think my budget for the stone will be under 8k
This G looks incredibly clean under the table.

You can eke out a bit more size with one of these I stones.

Thank you for the suggestions, I didn't see those initially, and they do look like great options!
Unfortunately as I do more research for the setting, I'm realizing the budget for the stone will probably need to stay well under 8k if possible!
I hadn't considered SI1 much really, does color or clarity detract more overall if I'm paying a premium for the ideal cut?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I think my budget for the stone will be under 8k

Thank you for the suggestions, I didn't see those initially, and they do look like great options!
Unfortunately as I do more research for the setting, I'm realizing the budget for the stone will probably need to stay well under 8k if possible!
I hadn't considered SI1 much really, does color or clarity detract more overall if I'm paying a premium for the ideal cut?

Those are both beautiful stones. Here are one more to consider, but my favorite is the VS1 you posted.

An ideal cut diamond can actually help "mask" a lower color and clarity because it returns light so well that it will "face up" whiter than its stated color, or it scintillates so much that it's very difficult to find inclusions. More info in the article below.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results