shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 1.5 ct round brilliant selection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poppo1

Rough_Rock
This forum is amazing. I''ve learnt so much from lurking on here for the past few weeks. Thanks!! My boyfriend and I have been dating for 4 years and are finally ready to get engaged. He''s allowing me to help with selecting the diamond and the setting but the proposal will be a surprise
1.gif

We''ve looked at a number of places in the diamond district in NYC and have found two diamonds that we are interested in. We saw the diamonds in person but that was pre-pricescope so now I don''t know if we should pick one or if we can get something better. We considered going online but we do like the convenience of having a jeweler nearby. Also I''ve not been able to find an ideal/Excellent cut diamond that is under $9,500 (our budget). These two are very good cuts. We do no want to go below H and SI1.

Please let me know if there is anything about these diamonds that seems off. Is one better than the other?? Can I do better? Thanks for your help!!

First stone
1.51 carat GIA certified
Color: G
Clarity: SI1 (eye clean)
Cut: Very good
Polish: Very good
Symm: Very good
Fluor: None
Measurements: 7.38-7.44*4.52
Depth: 61%
Table: 59%
Pavilion: 43.6%
Crown: 14.1%

Second stone
1.55 carat GIA certified
Color: H
Clarity: SI1 (eye clean)
Cut: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Symm: Very good
Fluor: None
Measurements: 7.29-7.37*4.59
Depth: 61%
Table: 59%
Pavilion: 43%
Crown: 15%

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to ps poppo1
35.gif
and congrats on the upcoming engagement!
36.gif

what are the c/p angles (not %) on these stones? and the girdle size?

poppo1

Rough_Rock
Belle, the vendor only gave me the % for the pavilion and crown. I''ll try to see if I can get the angles. The girdle is medium to slightly thick for both. Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 9:44:38 PM
Author: poppo1
Belle, the vendor only gave me the % for the pavilion and crown. I''ll try to see if I can get the angles. The girdle is medium to slightly thick for both. Thanks!
if these are the ''official'' cut grades from gia, he will have the angles on the grading report.
i love a good g/si!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results