shape
carat
color
clarity

Help will you purchase this Princess diamond???

egejo

Rough_Rock
Hi to all glad this forum exist I'm already like two weeks looking investigating etc to purchase my soon to be fiancee diamond and ring..

Well after everything I have seen a diamond that might be right as I'm looking for a princess cut in a carat around that don't shows naked eye incrustations and in H or higher color for a budget of $4000 or so ....after all I have narrowed my search to this one but I'm not sure it will be right I need some expertise help. Will it look good? will the clouds or the feather at the cert showed be a problem? are the table deep and everything on a good relationship?

Thanks for the feedbacks...

GIA CERT

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have any images? you really need images to evaluate a princess cut.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yup, we can't advise you to buy a princess cut sight unseen. It would be like buying a car without giving it a test drive. Look for a vendor that can provide ASET images and actual photos of the diamond rather than just a stock photo, or if you can't get that, try to find an AGS-graded ideal cut princess (although there's still some variation within that category...some are better than others). AGS certs come with a price premium, so your best bet may be finding a GIA-graded diamond that has AGS ideal-quality light performance, and that requires ASET evaluations. James Allen is a good place to start looking because they have a ton of GIA stones, photos come up on the search results page so you can weed out the uglies, and they will provide up to 3 ASET images. Here's one that looks nice if it's eye-clean: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1381860.asp

By the way, the vendor cut grade of excellent means nothing...cut grades are worthless unless they come from a reputable lab.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How adventurous are you?

I ran across this looking for old cuts. I like this seller and feel he's very honest. So... if you are willing to take a small risk...Leo princesses are beautiful and cut to exacting standards. It's worth the gamble (there is a return policy)... and you could have it shipped directly to an appraiser. I'd best offer at 3,400 and see what the seller says. That would leave you with a nice budget for a setting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-PRICESS-LEO-CUT-DIAMOND-98CTS-SI-1-H-/370500991092?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item5643947874

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results