shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Which X-factor cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moneypenny02

Rough_Rock
So...I think I am pretty much decided on the X-factor cut, but there are only a few available.

Here are the details for each: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=26,23,168641

I am pretty sure I would only want a ring in the range of VVS1 to VS2, so the last stone (SI2) is probably not what I would want. However, what are thoughts about the color grade of the diamond? Do you think a stone with color K would visibly diminish the beauty of the stone?

I''m a total girl, so I just want the most-sparkly ring I can find. I have looked up info on picking diamonds (including comparing the ASET images for light reflection), but I am still not totally sure how all these things go together to create the most attractive diamond to the naked eye once placed in a setting. The 3 attached are the only options I have right now, so for those here with more knowledge and experience than I, what are your thoughts? (especially re: color....but really re: anything you think is an important factor)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there not a nice medium such as an H SI1 in stock?

I wouldn''t consider VS1 or VVS anything unless there was nothing else in stock.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''d take the G/SI2 if it''s eye-clean. Nothing wrong with SI2 as long as it''s eye-clean (it will look exactly the same as a VVS2 or VS1 to the naked eye). Clarity doesn''t affect sparkle at all. Keep in mind that princesses show a bit more color than other cuts, and in particular cut-cornered stones may show even more color (radiants for example are the cut most commonly used to accentuate a fancy yellow diamond''s color). Because of that, K color in a princess is a little too warm for my tastes, unless you''re going for a slight tint. But if you want a white diamond, I wouldn''t go lower than I-J for a princess. G would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results