shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! which is best type of princess to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starfish

Rough_Rock
Hello,
New to this board, and need your advice.
Hubby and I are upgrading my wedding diamond. We are only interested in Princess cut, (true square, no modified rectangulars). I have looked at Blue Nile Signature Princess, and have just stumbled across the Lucida... My jeweler has memoed in 5 stones, none of which I have liked. I want to stay G or higher, VS1 or higher. Any advice?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

From what I've read, many discerning consumers have not found the Lucida cut to be extraordinary. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I seem to recall people stating that the cut was such that it was hiding carat weight in ways that did not enhance beauty but did increase the price based on carat weight, on top of the fact that one pays for the Tiffany name.

Someone posted a Blue Nile signature one recently I think and the proportions seemed nice. Can you post the proportions of the diamond you are considering? Fancy cut diamonds really need to be seen to be properly evaluated. You can look into buying an ideal scope by clicking on the ideal-scope button in the menu bar above. That will help you evaluate the amount of light leakage in diamonds you have in front of you. We also advise sending or taking any diamond to an independent appraiser (one who does not sell diamonds) for evaluation. You can find links to some independent appraisers in the menu bar above and the link to an article about why it is important to use an independent appraiser on the home page, www.pricescope.com. Blue Nile offers a generous time frame for returns so the time needed to get a useful appraisal shouldn't be a problem.

Hope that helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results