shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Which is a great stone for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I hope someone can help. I have done a lot of research and am trying to get the best deal on a 1.2carat,G-H color,SI1-SI2, round diamond with an excellent cut. I have the characteristics on many stones but very few show the Pavillion and Crown percentages. I want to use the cut advisor before I decide on what stone but how can I use it if I only have the; depth%,table%,girdle(descriptions),culet,polish,symmetry and flouresensce?

I have attached a list of the diamonds that I am choosing from. They all have GIA certs. Can anyone help me to pick out a great stone? I want to spend around $5000 for the loose stone.

Thanks so much,

Cody
confused.gif

Attachments

• cody.txt
    11 KB · Views: 34

JayTee

Rough_Rock
Cody,
That is a *huge* list you are looking at!
eek.gif
Its good that you have your color and clarity requirements narrowed down to a specific range. If you are looking for a stone with excellent cut, one way to narrow down your list would be to look at the cut grades and guidelines established by Dave Atlas and AGA:

Once you've narrowed down your list some, then you simply talk to the vendors and ask for Sarin or Ogi reports which contain the crown and pavilion angles that you are looking for. If you are looking online, most vendors will be happy and willing to provide you with this info.

hope this helps.[/u]

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice! I know the list is huge. Any thoughts on the best online dealer? I will definately narrow down my list.

I appreciate your help.

lacina

Shiny_Rock
I would check out #1143810 or #1457680. Depending on the location of the inclusions either one looks good on the sheet. Remember not every GIA SI2 has to be 100% eye clean,...
George

GLe Gem Imports

JayTee

Rough_Rock
Cody,

You will find that the website has a wealth of information on each individual stone that they carry. Plus every stone that they have there also has enough information to calculate HCA stones. This information was key to my decision to making the purchase with Jonathan online. Quite frankly, I was leaning more towards purchasing in a B&M because I could actually look at the physical stone. But the sheer amount of info that GOG has gave me enough confidence to make the Internet purchase. Not to mention the fact that Jonathan was very courteous and friendly when I spoke to him over the phone.

That's just my $0.02 from my own purchasing experience. Again, other people can tell you about their good (and bad) experiences with other online vendors.

JayTee[/u]

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
I am going to check them out. I want to get all of the available information on a stone before I purchase it online. That is the one thing that is hard to find in the online jewelers (and stores as well). I wish that they would just tell you absolutely everything about the stone and then let you make your purchase.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results